Another checked off the to-do list

Monna W.
on 6/12/05 8:06 am - Susanville, CA
Finally the day was sunny, warm, and not windy. BTW, we had snow flurries Friday evening. Here in Susanville, we have a wonderful 25 mile trail--one of the Rails to Trails trails. Ever since we moved here I have wanted to hike at least a portion of the trail and was unable to do so. For the last 2 or 3 weeks my husband have planned to try part of the trail, but the weather has been so unpredictible and rainy that we have not be able to go. Today was finally nice so we started out. We had been told that the trail was wheelchair accessible--by people who don't use wheelchairs--but we were not sure so we had no idea how far we could go. I knew that I was good for only a mile or so. We went from the trailhead here at our old train depot up the trail for about 3/4 mile. Then it got pretty warm and the heat really bothers my husband, so we came back. But I have now hiked at least a part of the Bizz Johnson Trail. I am so happy. Monna 389/234/250
Marcy B.
on 6/12/05 8:42 am - West Bloomfield, MI
Just LOOK at you Monna, you look fantastic...and could you have ever imagined hiking from the parking lot to the store let alone the Bizz Johnson trail at 389??? Marcy
bunnymorris
on 6/12/05 9:38 am - Georgetown, TX
RNY on 07/22/04 with
Good for you! It's those milestones that make it worthwhile. Congratulations! Way to go! Cheers, Bunny
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views