Scale Addiction

AngelFlyingHappy
on 6/10/05 2:38 pm - Oxnard, CA
Since we are on the topic of ones addictions mine is the scale. I cant stay off it. It's like its calling my name, saying Michelle get on me LOL And its awful and I know everyone says dont weigh every day but I just cant seem to not. Then if its one of those days I'm bouncing between one or two pounds I get so discouraged!!! It's just awful. Plus lately I have to admit I'm so jealous. So many of you are either at goal or close to goal. I still have 60 pounds to goal. I wish I could just the rest of the pounds off. This week has been a rough eating week for me too. Too much emotional crap going on in my life. But tomorrow is a new day and I'm getting back on the . And I'm vowing to put the scale away and weigh weekly. So wish me luck on that one. lol Michelle -155
Jennifier1
on 6/10/05 9:59 pm - Weirton, WV
I'm on the scale daily also. Sometimes several times a day. I actually get upset if I forget to weigh myself before I eat in the morning because I then have to wait an entire day to get my lowest weight again. I have accepted the daily fluctuations though and can usually attribute them to my fluid intake or sodium intake. Some days though, I just don't understand why I get the number the scale says. Good luck with getting back on track. I think you're doing wonderful so far. Jen -109
IrishIze
on 6/11/05 12:43 am - NJ
I hear ya, Michelle!! I sometimes weigh two or three times in the morning, and can you believe my weight can fluctuate up to 4 lbs. within a matter of 5 minutes?!!? I look at it this way - it helps keep me on track. If I'm up for a couple of days, I know I have to make some changes. If I'm down, it's really motivating to continue doing what I'm doing. Of all the things I could be (and have been) addicted to, this is something I can live with. Hugs from your fellow scale addict... Nancy -113
Irene S.
on 6/11/05 12:56 am - NJ
Michelle, you look fantastic! I have the scale addiction, too. I weigh often and I get very discouraged if there is any gain. I went to visit a friend of mine and gained 2 or 3 pounds (gosh - I know I didn't overeat THAT much) and it's just not wanting to move. Ok - I admit I'm not doing my part to make it move, but STILL! It's not fair, WAHHH!!! I also have about 60 more lbs. to go. Don't get discouraged about it though. We still have time - I've seen some in my surgeons group still losing more than 2 years out - so there is hope for us. irene
(deactivated member)
on 6/11/05 1:28 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I get on the scale every time I go to the bathroom...even if I'm using the bathroom without the scale. I OFFICIALLY weigh in at the gym...but that one seems stuck at 250, while my home scale bounces between 250 and 245. It seems we're all just a bunch of addicts around here! Pamela -102 and stuck
Tara118
on 6/11/05 10:34 pm - Trenton, OH
*Raising hand* I also am addicted to my scale. Also, weighing more than once a day. Always in the morning though. Of course, that is when we weigh the least. I hate to bounce around but like Nancy it keeps me motivated to do the right things, etc. It is weird when you think you've had a bad eating day and end up staying the same or even loosing. I guess with the addictive behaviors we have a new one. This one isn't too bad, I guess. Michelle, you've come a long way!! -155 is NOTHING to sneeze at. You will be at goal in no time. You are doing a great job. We will be with you every step of the way!! Tara -133
GailD
on 6/12/05 11:52 am - Racine, WI
Me too! Me too! Another scale addict. EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! Here's my bizarre routine: - Get on the scale (it's digital...you know how weird they are) - Read the weight - Get off the scale and let it zero out again - Pick up the box of miscellaneous junk in my bathroom closet - Get on the scale - Read the higher weight (cuz I'm holding the box of junk) - Get off the scale and let it zero out....AGAIN! - Put the box of junk back in the closet - Get on the scale - Read the weight (which is FINALLY the one I will use!) Crazy? ....maybe...but it works for me!!! Gail D. 252/143/140 -109
deeno
on 6/13/05 6:12 am - Kokomo, IN
OMG, sign me up for scale addiciton therapy. Here's my routine: I weigh myself whenever I want, but I only pay attention to the morning reading. In the morning, I weigh myself naked, and after I use the potty. I never eat or drink anything before getting ont he scale. I "ease" onto the scale-- I hold onto a door knob to gradually let my full weight onto the scale. I get excited if the number is below 210, and I begin to panic if it is above 212. Isn't it amazing how 2 little pounds rules my day? Diana
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views