I'm Jeff and I'm an alcoholic.

bunnymorris
on 6/10/05 11:20 pm - Georgetown, TX
RNY on 07/22/04 with
Baby steps, Sweetie, baby steps! So proud of you and we're here if needed. Don't look at the big picture yet. Just live this second, then the next, then the next moment, then the next 5 minutes, then the next hour, etc. Keep in there. We're all behind you! Love, Bunny
jcordell
on 6/16/05 7:48 am - TX
Bunny, thanks for understanding. Eleven days seems like a lifetime...not sure if it ever gets easier, but knowing I have the support of friends like you sure makes it more tolerable. Jeff Clean and sober 11 days
Sherri_B
on 6/11/05 11:24 am - washington, MO
Jeff hey ya sweetie . You have come so far just to be able to admit and reralize you have a problem and it is awesome you have reached out to a professional for help . that took alot of courage .. I will keep you in my prayers and we all have faith in you arpund here .. although these last 5 days have been long i suppose you have a long road ahead . but you have 5 under your belt CONGRATS . AND KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK ..And we are always here no matter what .. I will keep you in my prayers .. and keep that chin up . hang in there .. and i am glad you are taking control .. take it one day 1 min at a time ..
jcordell
on 6/16/05 7:50 am - TX
Sherri, thanks so much for the positive words! You seem to understand exactly what it takes. Your prayers, and the prayers of all of my WLS sisters, have helped immensely, as evidenced in the fact I am still clean and sober. God Bless, my dear! Jeff Clean and sober 11 days
Sherri_B
on 6/16/05 11:13 am - washington, MO
11 days I am always here . although i dont have alchol problem . i did have many issues from my child hood abuse, phys, sexual . and i went to alot of group therapy and there was also aa in there alot of terrific and brave and courages people . I applaud you for reaching out and taking control of you . and admitting you have a problem that is hard to do .. It was hard for me to spill my past out to strangers , but them groups i got so much out of and found alot of people strangers opened there hearts ,ears and arms for me .. and i looked so forward to goin there and i often miss it and the people i met there . get to those meetings and you will meet some great people and people who walk in your shoes .. I am so happy for you and i truely wish you the best .. 1 min at a time sweetie .. and my prayers i am still sending . you can beat this . i am always here . if ya need an ear .. or words of encouragement . hugs to ya .. have a good weekend we are off to florida .. to sport that bikini ..
Traci K.
on 6/12/05 12:50 am - Sullivan, MO
{{{{Jeff}}} Good for you! I'm praying for you. Traci -95
jcordell
on 6/16/05 7:51 am - TX
Hey Tra****ep those prayers coming! Heaven knows I need them. Thanks for your encouragement! Jeff Clean and sober 11 days
Marcy B.
on 6/12/05 9:16 am - West Bloomfield, MI
Good for you for getting control of your life and attending the AA meetings. Hang in there.....you can do it, You are the same guy who had the guts to have this surgery to begin with and the same guy who has lost 119lb. You CAN stay clean and sober....because you have what it takes to make that happen....intestinal fortitude!! Use your sense of humor Jeff....it will help you. Marcy
jcordell
on 6/16/05 7:54 am - TX
Thanks Marcy-for the reminder to keep my sense of humor. I haven't seen much of it these past couple weeks. AA defines an alcoholic who, among many other things, is restless, irritable and discontent. That pretty much sums me up these days, but with God's help, and the support of you all, I am getting through...one minute at a time. Jeff Clean and sober 11 days
Cyndi S.
on 6/12/05 9:59 pm - Springfield, OH
Jeff, God bless you. Controll will be a BIG thing to let go of... Let go and let God. I'm glad that you're attending AA. As a former case manager with addictions, I saw the most success with those who not only received treatment, but also attended AA. You're in good company. Cyndi
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views