I'm Jeff and I'm an alcoholic.

Irene S.
on 6/10/05 8:21 am - NJ
Hi Jeff, Congratulations on making that all-important decision. It's simple, but definitely not easy! Take one day at a time. irene
jcordell
on 6/16/05 5:34 am - TX
Thanks, Irene. Minute by minute for now, hopefully soon it will be one day at a time. Take care. Jeff Clean and sober 11 days
Monna W.
on 6/10/05 11:47 am - Susanville, CA
Jeff, As you can see (and I bet you knew it), you have hundreds of supportive people on this board alone. I come from a long line of alcoholics and for that reason, I have never had many drinks--always figured that I would never be able to stop with one. But I firmly believe I am a compulsive overeater and it is no different from any other addiction. I had the honor, one time, of speaking about my addiction to an AA retreat. So many people told me afterwards that they had no idea how similar we were. One of my old time friends is a non-practicing heroic addict and when he has described how he felt on heroin, I could identify because that's how overeating would make me feel. I, like you, have to take each minute one by one, so we are really no different, just our drug of choice. Good for you in taking the first step. I can assure you, each one gets a little more difficult, but can free you. Hang in there. All of your July sisters (and brothers, although none have posted yet) are here for you. Change what you can, and accept what you can't--the complusion can be changed. Monna
jcordell
on 6/16/05 5:41 am - TX
Monna, my dear, thank you so much for the words of wisdom and understanding. Indeed, the support I've received from all of you is overwhelming. You hit it right on the head--minute by minute is all we can do to get through. You hang in there, you're doing so well! I love reading your posts and profile--each time I do, I'm inspired to do better myself. Take care. Jeff Clean and sober 11 days
T R.
on 6/10/05 12:34 pm
All I can say is... Jeff, you rock!! We love you guy!! I am sure I speak for us all when I say we are here for you. Personally, if you need someone to shoot the crap with or vent, you can email me anytime, I mean that too! My email is [email protected]. Take care and realize what you have already done for yourself, this will make your new healthy lifestyle even better! ((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))) Tami 275/172/140
jcordell
on 6/16/05 5:44 am - TX
Tami, thanks as always for your positive attitude and support! This has been difficult, but the support of my July sisters is making it easier. Take good care. Jeff Clean and sober 11 days
(deactivated member)
on 6/10/05 12:51 pm - Somewhere Else
Hey there handsome. I'm glad you've taken that first important step towards healing. That was the hardest part. I have faith that you're doing to do wonderfully and Lord knows we're all here to support you. Take care of yourself, and be proud...you've done what a lot of people just can't seem to bring themselves to do...admit they have aproblem and need help. Big Hugs! Linda 268/140.5 BELOW GOAL! and.....ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (wedding date set: August 5th, 2006!)
jcordell
on 6/16/05 5:47 am - TX
Linda, thank you so much for your understanding and support. They say that first step is the hardest, and indeed it was. Looking at the battle scars on my face (all of which are alcohol related) one would think I'd have stopped long ago...but until I finally admitted honestly to myself I could not control my drinking, there was no way to stop. Now with the help of AA, and all of my wonderful WLS sisters, I am beating this thing, minute by minute. Take good care. Jeff Clean and sober 11 days
Tara118
on 6/10/05 12:52 pm - Trenton, OH
Jeff, I am so proud of you!!! You are the sweetest man and you are now taking more control of your life back. Everyone here is right about so many different addictions and many of us have more than one. Just keep strong and know at ANY time we are all here for you. E-mail me if you need anything!!! Tara [email protected]
jcordell
on 6/16/05 5:56 am - TX
Tara, you sweetheart...your support and positive demeanor always uplift me. Thanks for being you. Jeff Clean and sober 11 days
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views