I'm Jeff and I'm an alcoholic.

jcordell
on 6/10/05 2:49 am - TX
Dear friends, It's time I come clean with all of you, as I finally have with myself. I have been an alcoholic for many years. I did stop drinking for 6 weeks post-op. At my 6-week check up, I asked my doc about drinking, and he said "sure, go ahead and try--in moderation". Unfortunately, moderation is not in my vocabulary, nor is it in the vocabulary of any person dealing with substance abuse. I've finally decided to get control of my life. I saw a therapist for the first time in my life this week, and attended my first ever AA meeting last night. These 5 days without alcohol have seemed more like 5 years. It truly is getting by one day at a time. Though I don't expect you all to understand, I would ask for your support. Thanks for listening. Jeff -119 Clean and sober for 5 days.
Deejay
on 6/10/05 4:08 am - Sparks, NV
Good for you Jeff, although I don't know what its like to be an alcoholic, I'm a foodaholic and having that struggle everyday too as most of us are here, you included. I wish you nothing but good luck and sober days, your off to a great start and we're here if you need us. Keep up the good work!! Deejay 257/161/150 -96
jcordell
on 6/16/05 5:11 am - TX
Thanks for your understanding and support, Deejay. Jeff Clean and sober 11 days
Danelle72
on 6/10/05 4:27 am - Las Vegas, NV
Jeff, I'm glad you are taking back control of your life. My mom was an alcoholic for a very long time. It was hard to watch her do that to herself. I know you can do this and it will be hard. But hang in there. You are doing so much to better your life. I am so very proud of you. My mom has been clean for a year now. You are such a great guy and I know that you will beat this and have a very happy life. You deserve all the happiness in the world. Hang in there and if you ever need to talk you can email me. I'll be there for ya. Luv Danelle
jcordell
on 6/16/05 5:13 am - TX
Danelle, thanks as always for your kind words. I'm happy for your mom! This is a tough row to hoe, especially in this town of 24/7 indulgence. Jeff Clean and sober 11 days
Danelle72
on 6/16/05 6:07 am - Las Vegas, NV
Jeff, Anytime. I really am so proud of you. Let me know when you are ready and I'll come see ya! You are doing great. Hang in there. You are a very special man and the world needs ya. Luv Always Danelle
Laura S.
on 6/10/05 4:58 am - West Chester, PA
Hi, Jeff. Welcome. Congratulations on your sobriety. We are all behind you. One more minute. One more hour. One more day. I hope your higher power is with you for the next step and the one after that.
jcordell
on 6/16/05 5:14 am - TX
Thank you, Laura. Minute by minute these days, hopefully hour by hour soon and eventually day by day. Jeff Clean and sober 11 days
AngelFlyingHappy
on 6/10/05 5:05 am - Oxnard, CA
Jeff....... Hi ya sweets!! Taking the fist step is the hardest one and you've done that. You've done it with this surgery and I KNOW you can do it with this. Stay strong my friend. I'm here if you need someone. Love ya!!! Michelle -155
jcordell
on 6/16/05 5:16 am - TX
My sweet Michelle, thank you for your support and understanding. You and so many others on this board make life much more tolerable! Take good care. Jeff Clean and sober 11 days
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views