OT - a frustrating wait

ileanak
on 6/9/05 10:52 pm - San Antonio, TX
Ok, Nancy made a good suggestion about us getting back to the board and posting something (anything) every day. So here is mine. I am going a bit nuts with my SO (significant other) in Iraq. I know when he is home, it isnt even here in the US, and we have a long distance relationship anyway.. but the deployment is killing me. He has sent me pictures of a few mortar****ting the ground near his office and although I don't want him to stop sharing, it doesn't sit well with me. Don't get me wrong, I was a foreign service brat, and grew up in hostile countries where people shot at us and things but it is entirely different when the person you love it in that situation without you. You read right. If I could be there too, I would be. I have applied for jobs in Italy to be near or with him ofter deployment, but it may take some time before I can get anything. Meanwhile, we spend time in e-mail planning out motorcycle trip up to Germany and back to Italy via Austria in September, when I visit. Hopefully, they will be back in Italy on the 13th of Sep and I arrive on the 17th for 11 days. And you had better believe that I am counting the days (94 till he is back from deployment and 98 till I arrive) So there you have it.... I get up every morning, and think about my SO, go to work (think about SO), go to the gym for 2 hours and think about my SO, and go home...... want to guess what I do there? YOu guessed it! THINK ABOUT MY SO! ugh! I need to get out more Thanks for listening everyone... sorry to post such a frustration. Ileana 282/177.5/150
(deactivated member)
on 6/10/05 1:22 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Well...you could just marry him and live on base with him Too bad that the deployment part would still suck... My brother-in-law is in the Air Force. Right now, he's deployed in some funny "stan" country in Asia and she's here at home. She's holding up well, but I know she'd rather be at home with him in Germany. There is no way I could handle having any sort of a relationship with someone who is gone six months out of a year. That takes a lot of courage. Kudos to you and good luck! Pamela -102
ileanak
on 6/10/05 7:12 am - San Antonio, TX
Marriage is really out of the question for me. Right now, I am just looking for a government service job there. I won't move for marriage.. call me gun shy! I can handle the seperaion for the most part, just don't care much for him being in Iraq. Thanks for your words of encouragement! Ileana
IrishIze
on 6/11/05 1:10 am - NJ
Ileana - I can't imagine how it would be to have a loved one in a war zone. There is a certain strength that you are gaining from this I'm sure, but at this time it's so difficult. Try and look forward to your motorcycle trip - and my the good Lord keep him safe. Hugs, Nancy -114
ileanak
on 6/12/05 10:57 pm - San Antonio, TX
Thanks Nancy. I say a little prayer evey day. Ileana
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits