Anyone Else????

Denice W.
on 6/9/05 8:35 pm - Wildwood Crest, NJ
My Surgery date was july 30th, 2004 and i have been losing extremely slow to date i have lost 109lbs about 20 more to go. I was hoping to be at goal, by my one year but its not going to happen, as i only lose about 3 to 4lbs a month and that only happens right around my time of the month??????? Anyone losing like this at this point? Thanks Denice
IrishIze
on 6/9/05 9:42 pm - NJ
Hi Denice - I think most of us are in the same boat. I've lost 113 and still have about 15 - 20 to go. I know it will come off eventually as long as I continue doing what I'm supposed to do, but the days of quick weight loss are gone, and it's diet, diet, diet again.... Hugs, Nancy -113
ileanak
on 6/9/05 10:41 pm - San Antonio, TX
Same boat here too~ I go 3-4 weeks fluctuating up and down 2-3 lbs, then lose 3 in one week. It is all about eating right and hitting the gym now! I keep trying new things at the gym to keep my body moving. I know my last 27 pounds won't be easy, but we have to keep our noses to the grindstone and we will make goal~! You are doing great! Ileana
T R.
on 6/9/05 11:21 pm
I agree with everyone else... I think we are all rowing the same boat! But hey... you are doing super!! Just think how you would feel if you had only lost 50 lbs... Way to go on the loss, keep up the super work!! It will happen... just try and be patient and don't beat yourself up.. Take care, Tami 275/172/140
(deactivated member)
on 6/10/05 1:25 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Same here for me, too. I am down 102 with 100 to go to reach a normal BMI. It doesn't help that I can only have two or three bad food days every week. I'm having such a hard time getting on track and staying there. I've been losing about 5lbs a month, though, so even if I do screw up, the scale isn't going up. It still sucks though. I'd like to lose another 50 before my 18 month anniversary. Pamela 352/250/150
Danelle72
on 6/10/05 1:29 am - Las Vegas, NV
Heya Denice, I'm right there with ya! I too only seem to lose the weight that time of the month. Only about 3 to 4 pounds. But atleast it something. I have like 9 pounds to get to my personal goal and like 13 for the Doc. I feel like I am never going to get the last of it off. My body wants to keep it so badly. But I am going to win and get it off. I know it has to some time. I just have to hang in there and not give up even if I want too. You are doing a great job so hang in there. It will happen. They say the last 20 is the hardest to lose. I believe them now!! LOL You have done a great job and have lots to be happy about. You will get to your goal in no time. Take care and keep up the great work. Your doing awsome. Luv Danelle
Monna W.
on 6/10/05 2:16 am - Susanville, CA
Denice, Same here. Although I have lost 154 lbs., I still have 85 to go to goal. Last month I lost 4 lbs and that was at the beginning of the month. I am so happy with how I feel and everything I can do now, that even though I want to lose that other 85 lbs., I will not bemoan it if I do not lose any more. I try to keep focused on how great I feel, the improvement in my health, all the things I can do that I could not a year ago. I continue to exercise and eat as my doctor told me I need to eat, so if I am to lose any more it will happen. Monna
Deejay
on 6/10/05 4:06 am - Sparks, NV
I'm doing worse then you. I'm only down 96 with 11 more til goal and I've been stuck on 161/162 for the last 5-6 weeks now. Getting very frustrated!!!! Hang in there, I still am. Deejay 257/161/150 -96
Leslie H.
on 6/10/05 7:45 am - Round Rock, TX
I had my surgery Aug 3rd, and I've lost 108 lbs with about 40 to go. I, too, am losing veerrryyy ssllloooowwwlllyyy now. I've lost about 5 lbs in the last two months. But I've been in the middle of stressful move and am off-track with my exercise and have been eating out a LOT. I've always had just one good "losing week" (as I call them) per month, just before my period. I'm hoping that now that the family is finally in the new house, I'll be able to get back in a good pattern. Gotta join a gym and start cooking at home again ASAP! My surgeon told me early on that about 50%-60% of excess weight lost is due to the surgery. Anything beyond that, he says, is up to the patient. His observation has been that those patients who exercise regularly (3 or more times per week for 30 minutes or more) and keep it up long-term have a much higher likelihood of eventually hitting a reasonable goal weight and staying within a few pounds of it. Those who do not exercise often stop at the 50%-60% of excess weight lost that the surgery provides and eventually regain some portion of that. Scared me into joining a gym that day, let me tell you!!! You're not alone. It has definitely gotten harder! And a lot of women seem to have the one-week-per-month losing pattern, too. ---- Leslie -108
Denice W.
on 6/10/05 11:09 am - Wildwood Crest, NJ
Thanks Guys!!!!!!!!!! i knew there were a lot of 7/04s out there!!!!!! I'm glad to here i'm in the norm! well weigh loss wise anyway!!!!!!!! Thanks again!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views