slow losers?

Lovin2cu
on 6/6/05 7:54 am - southbridge, MA
Hi everyone, Raising hand way high: "HERE I AM!!!"" I went into surgery weighing 360, and am only down to 283 on a good day. I have no clue what is wrong with me. I guess I was under that impression that it would come off quicker because I am a "heavyweight". I have 119 to go until my BMI hits "normal"! I am so scared, but I stopped talking about it because I thought I was the only one. Let's hang in there, and beleive we will reach our goals. Lisa in Mass 360/283/164
drknlvly
on 6/6/05 10:07 am - omaha, NE
Hey im a slow loser to. I have been at this same weight for about 3months now. I am told i need to kick up the exercise and maybe more protien shakes , but i been cuttin up too eating things i know im not suppose to. Im 10pounds from my 100 mark ,and 60 from my goal weight. I dont know if im on track or not. According to my docs goal i should of been at this weight in January well its june so whats up?? preop 305 and 215 now.
deeno
on 6/7/05 2:03 am - Kokomo, IN
I have lost between 70 and 75 pounds (it fluctuates) since my surgery, and I am thrilled. I haven't lost anything since Febuary other than some inches, but only a little. I still have ~25 pounds to go to my personal goal. I think if I were less than that, I would look sickly for me. I am going to have plastic surgery, and with that I hope to lose ~7-10 pounds of skin on my arms and stomach, maybe thighs, too. I, too wonder if I'll ever get there. I also wonder if I'll ever go back to where I was (certainly hope not, but I fear it at times). I'm a size 16 now, and starting to get into regular 16's, no longer in 16W's in some things. My tops would be 14's if it weren't for my huge arms. Are there things I could do to make my weight loss improve? Yes. Am I doing all that I can do? No, I could do more. Am I happy where I'm at? Most of the time, yes. I'll lose more, I'm sure of it. But it will happen slowly, and I'm OK with that. Diana
ML
on 6/7/05 8:02 am - MD
Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I guess it's hard not to compare - I'll keep at it !! Michele
dana W.
on 6/7/05 3:49 pm - fort worth, tx
Lookin 4 me,, I guess i'm on the same track as u...i started at 268 and down to 179,, that's 89 pounds,,my surgery date was 7/29/2004 yet a girl who had surgery same day as me has lost over a hundred already. And then to make matters worst,, i've stop losing,, sometime i get very depressed. and not sure if i shld be happy or sad it varies from day to day.. So this was to let u know,, naaaaaaw u're not along,, i feel YOUR PAIN if u wld like to keep in touch.. my email addr is -- [email protected] my name is dana
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views