slow losers?

ML
on 6/5/05 12:48 pm - MD
Where are the slow losers? Everyone on this board seems to be having fantastic results - I am still only down 86lbs in 11 months, with over 60lbs to go!! I know it is still a substantial weight loss, but I am beginning to wonder if I'll ever get there. I know our weight loss is supposed to slow down considerably after the first year...... Michele 288.5/86/140
Gwen Kennedy
on 6/5/05 3:03 pm - Charles City, IA
Here I am! I have only lost 95 lbs. with another 33 lbs. to my doctor's goal. I personally would be happy with just another 13 lbs. I have not lost any weight in over a month. I guess I need to get my butt in gear and exercise. My weight lose journey actually started in Oct. of 2003 when I started Atkins and with that lose counted in I have lost a total of 151 lbs. so I am not too unhappy with my results. I still have to wonder if I will ever lose 100 lbs since surgery 7/9/04. I weighted 288 lbs when I had the surgery. Keep your chin held high and don't give up. Gwen
Towanda Strong3
on 6/5/05 8:30 pm - Somewhere in, CT
Michele~ I try to not compare...it can be very dangerous. But I do fall into that at times. Admittedly, though, I wonder if I will hit the "golden 100" myself. I am 5'1" (on a good day!), 55 yrs old...and still it works though, when I work it (follow my food plan, etc). "They" say shorter people lose slower. But I still wonder and worry if one day I will wake up and all the weight I have lost (87 lbs to date) will have all come back! I guess that is because I am just 11 months out today and have not lost a bazillion lbs as I see others have at this point. And I have had some grazing days (or extra food) of late and that scares the ever livin' "whatever" out of me! For this puppy, time to get back to basics, document my food intake, exercise (regularly!) and let the lbs fall as they may. I will never get to the weight my surgeon wants me to be...112! My goodness, I will look horrid! But I would like to lose another 10-15 lbs or so. I might add that I have never been able to lose what I have done post op, pre op...so that is progress. One day at a time I suppose. Baby steps. Never give up... Towanda
Marcy B.
on 6/5/05 10:48 pm - West Bloomfield, MI
Well its nice to know that I am not alone. I have more to lose than all of you and yet my weight loss is only at around 85lbs too. I have over 100lbsmore to lose, so there goes that theory that the more you have to losethe faster you lose it. Check out the other posting on this site about plateaus- it helped me. For now I am trying as hard as I can not to get discouraged and to find other non scale ways to measure my progress. Have any of you measured your inches? For this time around with weight loss- I have lost more inches than ever before. For example my hips were 70 inches - ( ungodly) and now they are 53-. My thighs ( more like tree stumps than legs) were 36 inches around ( each thigh) and now they are 28. 10 inches in bust and waist off as well. So I guess I shouldn't complain, but I do understand that we all want that Century mark bragging right. Oh well, we have a life time to practice good habits and make use of our tool, and lose weight. This is not a race afterall....and if it was, we would be best at the marathon rather than a sprint. Hang in there everyone.... Marcy
(deactivated member)
on 6/6/05 12:08 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Hi, Marcy! I see you're in a better mood! You've lost a lot of inches, and that's teriffic!
brittypie
on 6/6/05 12:29 am - Chicago, IL
RNY on 07/01/04 with
I would be in that category! I am thrilled with the weight loss but I have a terrible habit of comparing myself to my peers and that gets me a little down. I had surgery on 7/1/04 and had lost 75 pounds....gained 5 back...and have since lost 3 of that. I was not excercising at all. BIG MISTAKE!! I started riding my excercise bike about 3 weeks and that stuff actually works! Who knew?? I wish you all the best and I think all of us are doing fantastic!!!
armcandy
on 6/6/05 2:44 am - my own world, MD
Hey Michelle!!!! You probably dont remeber, but we met during the pre op class! I have Dr A too. I had surgery on the 7th. I think we also talked briefly at a support group. I feel I am also a slow loser. I am right where you are. I have to go back to him on July 5th and I feel like he and Cathy are gonna yell at me. When I look at the size I was wearing before, I am happy......I am now a 16 from a 24/26. BUT.......I really haven't lost anything for about 3 months.........driving me crazy!!! And now I think I have a hernia!! I haven't been to support group in SOOOOOOOO LOOOOOONG!! I keep reading about every body losing so much, I feel like I am behind!! I am glad (but not really glad you know what I mean) that you are the same as me......... Michelle
ML
on 6/7/05 8:09 am - MD
I am down from a 26 to a 16W or 18 regular, so I guess I should be glad. have been losing, but slowly- about 4-5 lbs a month. I have my 1yr appt with Dr Singh on July 20th. I feel they will be disappointed in me - I was hoping to have hit the century mark by then, but i don't think I will - That's 14lb in 6 weeks!! Haven't been to the support group in a while as well - it's a bit difficult with my schedule. Well, girl, I guess we just need to hang in there!!
-Lori-
on 6/6/05 2:51 am - Bay Area, CA
Here I am !! I started @ 277 and today I am 187. The lowest was 185. Thats 90 pounds. I know that is great progress, but I had hoped for 100 gone by my 1 year anniversary. Im still hopeful !!
ileanak
on 6/6/05 3:05 am - San Antonio, TX
Michele, I have to admit, I wouldn't be where I am if it weren't for the 2 hours a day, 6 days a week at the gym. and I still go 8 weeks without losing a pound sometimes. I too compare myself to others that went through the surgery at the same time. Best advise from my end? Keep your own journal of food, exercise, weight and measurments... and compare your results once a week. If you see a pattern of losing one week, look at what you did (exercise) and ate and keep it up. But, it is better to compare yourself to , well, youself! Then progress, ANY progress will put a well deserved smile on your face! Good luck to you! Ileana 282/177.6/150
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views