Need Some Support...

on my W.
on 6/4/05 5:54 am - Canada
Hello Everyone, Well things are soooo difficult. I went from 290 to 175 without really trying and then since March first I haven't done a thing..except went back up to 180 and totally was so dissappointed and frightened. I could eat a hamburger....a bag of chips....a chocolate bar...a coffee and two big cookies...it is like I could eat big quantities and once I tried or tasted...I was hooked. For the last 2 weeks I have been right back to basics and am now down to 173 again but it has been such an effort. I still have 30 to go and I can't believe how hard I now have to work...I just can't get into those 160's....close but I just can't do it. I knew this was suppose to happen and that the last little bit would be harder to get off but although I heard what the doctor said...I let it go in one ear and out the other. I am really struggling because I seem to have a big appetite and yes I am getting my protein and back on track...but I now know that 145 by July 21st is not going to happen....thanks everyone for listening to me vent. I don't want to be a little above goal wearing a size 14 ....I want to be at goal.....greedy I guess...a year ago I would have given anything to be where I am but now that I am here...it is not good enough. This is hard work.... Thanks for listening everyone. Just by sharing...I don't feel like I am the only one going through this. Hugs to all....Karen
Danelle72
on 6/4/05 6:21 am - Las Vegas, NV
Hang in there Karen, Sounds like you are back on track and will get there before you know it. It has been hard for me also after my 6 month. But as long as we are doing the right things we have to lose. It just takes longer when we get closer to goal. It took me forever to get into the 160's and then it took longer to get to the 150's and so on. I was stuck for like 4 weeks at 144 and I was doing everything to get the scale to move again. Finally it did and now I am losing again. You are doing great!!! You will get to goal in the end. Look how far you have come already. Look at your before and now pics. Then you will see that you are doing great and should be proud of yourself. It will come off and you will get to your goal. Just be patient and hang in there. i know how hard that is and better said then done. Take care and don't give up. You know that saying some things are worth waiting for. Well this may be just that. You go girl and you will lose again. Congrats on your weight loss so far. Luv Danelle
IrishIze
on 6/4/05 8:27 am - NJ
I hear you Karen. I'm just where you are....lots of old bad habits knocking on the door and it's taking all of my strength not to open it. I was stuck at 175 for a long time, but I'm down to 166 now, stuck between 165 and 166...up and down, but that's the way it seems to go. I really feel like I have to starve myself in order to lose. I am keeping it about 800 calories a day, at least 70 protein and lots of water. I walk 2-3 miles a day, sometimes more. I'm with you - I didn't think it would be so hard so soon. I worry about a year or two from now...will I have the strength to be on a strict diet the rest of my life???? So...I am trying to take it a day at a time because try as hard as I have been, those old bad habits are not gone. It is a struggle. I'm trying to always be aware of what is going in my mouth and when I don't feel like exercising, I do it anyway, so those things HAVE changed. It seems some of us struggle more than others - who knows, maybe it is what I need in my life right now. Hang in there Karen - you're not alone. I find so much support with my friends here - I could never do it without the help of the spectacular people on this board. Please feel free to email me if you need some support. Hugs, Nancy -111
MikeB
on 6/4/05 8:02 pm - Pottstown, PA
Karen first and formost great job on the weight loss so far. Don't get hung up on the number you want to be. How do you feel? Along with getting back to basics which is great. Are you exercising? FRom 290 to 173 that's a 117lb loss. Pretty damn good. Hang in there you'll hit your goal. Mike
us2bfat C.
on 6/4/05 10:15 pm - selden, NY
i learned this a long time ago NOTHING CHANGES IF NOTHING CHANGES best of luck to you ..... Stacy 232/139 at goal!!!!
IrishIze
on 6/4/05 11:52 pm - NJ
You said it Stacy. That will be my mantra when things get tough... I guess my problem is sometimes not really knowing HOW to change things. But I figure life is a learning experience and some of us have a lot more to learn than others!! Love y'all.... Hugs, Nancy -112
threegetts
on 6/6/05 3:30 am - Rio Rancho, NM
Hi Karen, I'm right there with you - the last 30 lbs. or so are the hardest to get off but it's possible. Just take it one day at a time and things will go for you. Congrats on getting back on track, I'm sure that with your determination you will be where you want to be soon. Cindy
dana W.
on 6/7/05 3:54 pm - fort worth, tx
No dear,, your're not alone,, i 2 have 39 more pounds to go to be at goal,, and i'm not going to mk it,, my yearly appointment is july 6 my surgery date was 7/29/04 so i have 1 mth to get at least 15 more pds off,, i at least want to be over a 100 lost,, but that seems like so much.. One while i was stuck and hadnt lost nothing in 2 mths.. now i'm up and down,, i've started back at the gym,, and i hope that works. but however,, if u wld like to keep in touch my email addr is [email protected] take care of u dana
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views