5 pounds

JustHat
on 6/1/05 1:42 pm - NM
It is amazing how quickly those little pounds can jump back on a girl. I didn't eat that bad all weekend. But, I didn't take my Synthroid. The result is a 5 pound gain in 3 days. I have noticed that taking my Synthoid is as important as eating right. The last two weeks I have really had trouble with my guts. Last week, well, let's just say that my system cleaned itself out really well. I was a little worried I would end up dehydrated. Then we went the other way. And, to top it off, I have had some killer gas. It is painful. A funny thing about my belly is I can feel my guts moving air pockets around. I can feel it better and sometimes see it better than when I was very pregnant. Before I was able to push the air through. But, lately, it just goes back and forth. I guess I am going to have to invest in some Gas X to try and break it up. I have IBS. But, I had hoped that all of this was a thing of the past. The worst part is that a little gas really affects my belly size. Even with the extra skin, my belly is pretty flat. But, the other morning I woke up looking 5 months pregnant. It really stuck out there. And, then my pants wouldn't fit right. On the plus side of a 5 pound gain, it came back in the right places more or less. I am a bit thicker in my mid section. But, my booty filled out a little too. I really needed that to balance my thick thighs. I wonder if this means that my weight loss has maxed out. All of those charts show a small weight gain back after hitting a low point. Oh and I had a question for all of you. I read somewhere that the surgery could cause food allergies to emerge. I wondered if my "cleansing" was a bug or if I had developed an allergy to tomato juice. I had said before that I like Bloody Maries. I always figured the loose bowels was a result of the vodka. But, now I wonder if it was the tomato juice. I haven't had it in a while. When I wanted a drink, I have mixed it with another juice. And, I had no problems. I am going to have to experiment. Hat
IrishIze
on 6/2/05 5:21 am - NJ
Hi Hat - hey, I can lose or gain a few lbs. in 10 minutes. I don't know what's the story, but my weight really fluctuates. This morning I got on the scale and it said 167. I got on a couple of minutes later (hoping it might be a pound or two lower )and it was 170, and I hadn't eaten or drank anything. Did it a few more times and it pretty much settled on 167, but I wonder what goes on.... As far as the food allergies, I am wondering about soy. I have eaten a lot of it since surgery, but lately it has produced so much gas that I can't even leave the house. Not only is it frequent gas, but so smelly it could peel the paint off the walls. I know what you mean about the gas going round and round in the abdomen. It sometimes even wakes me up at night! I have really cut down on the soy, and I'm finding I'm much less gassy...(whew!). Oh, and btw, GAS-X is now my best friend!! Hugs, Nancy -110
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views