(My) YMCA "Biggest Loser" results

(deactivated member)
on 5/31/05 4:06 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
About six weeks ago, I told you about the weight loss challenge that my local YMCA was having. The person who lost the most weight each week during a six-week period would receive a free personal training session. I found out today that I was the winner for week four. I won with a five pound loss, which isn't much really, but more than anyone else I had a great Memorial Day weekend. We went camping, and the first thing we discovered was that the family next door to us was also from our home town. They had six kids (2 were foster kids), and we spent a lot of time with them. We swam in the river, went to nature shows, toured a cave, took a hike in the woods, and taught our daughter to ride her bike without training wheels (which has broken off one night). For the most part, I stuck to my eating plan, and the scale has been kind. And that's enough updating for now Pamela -102
deeno
on 5/31/05 7:24 am - Kokomo, IN
Congrats on being a big loser, Pam! We're going camping June 11th (tent camping, here in Indiana). Hopefully the weather will be kind to us, but we'll go rain or shine....just not in flood conditions. We'll do a little hiking, too, and we'll cook out at least once on the open fire. No marshmellows this year, but I don't care. So, tell us about your personal training session--should be interesting! Diana
cindy m.
on 5/31/05 10:30 am - Trenton, MO
Hi Pamela!!! Great work........Keep us posted on your session with the personal trainer!!! I'm really envious of your camping trip!!!! 17 more days until we go on our "big" cross country adventure though. I'm going to drive with 3 kids to Trenton, Mo for 1 month, My hubby only gets 1 1/2 weeks off so he & my daughter will fly out for a while. We are going to stop at a few places along the way' unfortunetly hotels no camping. If you have any advice on places to see & things to do while in Mo. let me know......... Take care, ~Cindy~ -134
Danelle72
on 5/31/05 10:32 am - Las Vegas, NV
Pamela, That is so awsome. Congrats. You are doing a great job. Keep up the great work. Take care Danelle
Tara118
on 5/31/05 11:59 am - Trenton, OH
All I got to say is WOOHOO girlfriend!!! You did great and it paid off!! Keep it up!! Tara 305/174/170 -131
Cyndi S.
on 5/31/05 8:24 pm - Springfield, OH
Pam, Congratulations! We knew you were a great "loser!" The camping sounds like fun, we haven't gone for several years since we now own to dogs - one in camp is managable, but two? My boys set up tent in the backyard last weekend, so I think they had their fill. I am really impressed with your dedication to the gym. I've let exercise take a back seat to gardening. Maybe when my gardens are at maintenance stage, I'll have time for the bike trails. Sure hope so! Keep up the good work, Cyndi lap rny 7/27/04 257/151/130
IrishIze
on 6/1/05 12:53 am - NJ
Hey, congrats on being a BIG LOSER!! Really, that's great Pamela! Sounds like you had a great weekend - on sticking to your food plan!! Hugs, Nancy -110
Monna W.
on 6/1/05 7:17 am - Susanville, CA
Congratulations!!! You just keep plugging away. I am envious of your camping trip. We have not been camping since my husband became dependent on a wheelchair due to MS--over 20 years. We used to camp a lot. Now that I have lost weight I really want to go and he is doing very well and agrees we should try it. So maybe later this summer. Monna 389/236/150
(deactivated member)
on 6/1/05 12:52 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Many state parks have wheelchair accessible sites...completely paved, even around the fire pit. Often, you can get these sites close to the bathrooms. But you have to book your site ahead of time! There were several people using wheelchairs, although I don't know the specifics of their physical abilities and pain. But they seemed to be enjoying themselves all the same!
stef 1.
on 6/14/05 7:09 am - Belleville, IL
Congratulations! Don't you just love the "Y". Been using the nautilis equipment since November and enjoy it more each week. This time last year I would NEVER NEVER have thought I'd workout every day. This surgery was a miracle for me. Take Care and keep up the good work. Stephanie -160
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views