AARRGGHH!! I'm SO frustrated!!

Irene S.
on 5/27/05 7:32 am - NJ
I was overwhelmed looking around for people I knew and trying to figure out the sessions that I was goinjg to attend, getting freebies at vendors, etc. YOu can "meet" me by checking my friend Malinda's pix from the convention - here's a link to her post on the NJ board, which will link to her account at picturetrail. http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/state-forums/NJ/postdetail/6906.html?vc=0 Yes, we still meet the 1st Monday of the month (unless it's a holiday - then we meet the 2nd Monday) at 7pm at St. Josephs Wayne Hospital in the Meyer Conference Center. Hope you can make it one day! It would be great to meet finally! irene
Dawn H.
on 5/27/05 5:32 pm - Jersey CIty, NJ
Hi Nancy Im having the same problems .. sucks to be stuck. and I really uped the exercise .. hoping to burn more calories.. but I notice more muscle .. im hoping thats the problem and not that im done l loosing.. I really like to exercise now and the muscle seems to take up some of the skin in this flabby body.. but the weight loss seems to have stopped for me for the last 2 months .. Doc says.. " stay off the scale" but hell im addicted! Just keep doing the right thing.. we have to learn to forget about the numbers on that evil scale and focus on our new healthy body. I think once we have changed our eating habits to healthy ones and stop looking at the numbers. we can be like the rest of the " normal" weight population. :::now if i could only practice what I preach::: :laugh: Love you guys here Dawn
us2bfat C.
on 5/28/05 11:22 am - selden, NY
nancy how jealous are you of all those pictures that irene took wow i cant believe it she was there and we didnt find her... anyway dont worry about the weight gain i think you need to eat more your body might be going into starvation mode.... it will come and if its any consulation you look awesome....... love you and im really sad we didnt see irene... Stacy 232/139 at goal!!!!
GailD
on 5/27/05 3:27 am - Racine, WI
{{{{{HUGS}}}}} to you Nancy! If it's any concilation, I think many of us are in the same boat. Since I hit the 6 month mark, it seems like the weight is coming off VERY slowly. I've been losing about 6 lbs. a month -- much less than the first six months! I think our bodies just need to adjust, and I'm trying not to sweat it. I'm in such a better place now than I was 10 months ago! I know I'm eating right, exercising, drinking water....all that stuff...so I KNOW the weight will come off! I'm trying not to let this be a numbers/scale game...but to just accept the weight loss as it comes. I've got the rest of my life to reach my "goal"...and now I have the tool to do it! This has been a heck of a journey for all of us...and I don't want anyone to forget how far we've come and what a great job we've all done. Try not to let the scale get to you!!! BTW...you do NOT only post when you have problems! You are a wonderful support to everyone on this board! I, for one, am VERY glad you're here! Gail D. -106
(deactivated member)
on 5/27/05 4:18 am - Somewhere Else
Big Hugs Nancy!!!!! I think maybe you should mix it up a bit, that might help....also, how tall are you? Cause from the pictures, you look damn hot and don't look like you need to lose any more weight. Don't forget also that women can retain up to...get this...20 pounds of water(although the average is about 5)! At any given time...your weight fluctuates constantly. This is another reason to avoid the scale...all it does is frustrate most people I can only sit here and hope that all your wishes and dreams come true...and I do hope that, for all of us. Just be sure that you're happy and healthy, stay positive and don't be unrealistic...(some people are, OMG I see so many who want to be 110-120 and they're my height or taller! That's anorexic!) Keep smiling and kick the scale to the curb! Luv ya! Linda 268/142.5 BELOW GOAL! and.....ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (wedding date set: August 5th, 2006!)
Deejay
on 5/27/05 4:52 am - Sparks, NV
Hi Nancy, First of all big hugs. I sooo know how your feeling, I'm going through the same crap myself. I've been going between 161-164 for a month now. Today is 163 which is 2lbs higher then I was 4 weeks ago. I just don't understand how this happens when I haven't changed anything I'm doing for the worse. I've upped my protein and liquid intake and added more exercise and gained 2lbs! it was 164.5 just 2 days ago! I'm starting to get really worried that I'm done losing. I want to lose at least 15 more lbs. If nothing else, at least make my goal which is 150 and is higher then it really should be. ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I could just wake up tomorrow and be in the 150's, I'd be a happy camper. I'm sick of this one month no loss, but actually gain crap. Big hugs honey!! Deejay 257/163/150 -94 13 til goal.
jcordell
on 5/27/05 9:20 am - TX
Wow Nancy, what can I say other than I feel for you and I'm sorry you're in a bad spot right now. My weight fluctuates as much as 3-5 pounds at any given time, and I know in a couple of days I'll be back where I need to be. Sux, huh? We've spent all our lives trying to fight the battle of the bulge, and even after such drastic measures we still have the bull**** to contend with. It is frustrating, but I know you...and how strong you are...and how dedicated...and I know you WILL meet your goals and be HAPPY and HEALTHY for many years to come. Hang in there, my friend. God Bless You. Like I always say, keep smiling, and keep the faith. All the love, Jeff -119
Denise Johnson
on 5/27/05 9:40 am - Whiteman AFB, MO
Hi Nancy, Maybe it's a curse for all July babies!! It seems that alot of us are hitting the bumps in the road on our journey. But I have come to convince myself that it is all going to work out in the end.(otherwise I will obsess over it and drive myself,(and my poor hubby) crazy!) I have gotten into the habit of stepping on my evil scale every day,and then I go to the gym and weigh again.(I know, I'm a glutton for punishment). The one at the gym actally says I weigh less than my scale at home. I'm going to use mine for target practice. Take it easy and don't try to stress about it too much. Have a good night all! Denise Johnson -104
Monna W.
on 5/30/05 12:46 pm - Susanville, CA
Nancy, Don't be so hard on yourself!!! You are such an inspiration to all of us. Hang in there and the weight will start to come off again. I, too, am at a stanstill. Have been gainging and losing the same 5 lbs. all month. Almost to my 11 month mark, and not an ounce off this month. You are wonderful, and sometimes our bodies just have to adjust to the new size. Think about when you look at yourself in the mirror--have you become accustomed to your reflection yet? Then, maybe your body is not accustomed to its new shape and size. Give it time to adjust. Monna 389/236/150
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views