A Mommy's Bragging Rights

(deactivated member)
on 5/23/05 10:12 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Today, my daughter graduates from Kindergarten. Her last day of school was yesterday, today is the ceremony, and then she's officially a first grader. It seems like just yesterday we watched her climb onto the bus for the very first time. I took pictures yesterday to compare how she's changed from her first day of school. Last night, she tested for, AND PASSED, her yellow belt in Tae-Kwon-Do. Had I realized she was as good at it as she is (we don't get to watch class), I would have let her test a long time ago. As it is, the test for the first three belts is pretty easy (green belts take the same test as white belts), so she'll have no trouble getting to green. I was so proud of her! She didn't break her board (with her foot), but the teacher told us he had forgotten to bring the special boards for the smaller kids. Without a heavier bodyweight, none of the little ones could break the thicker board (not even the boy testing for his green belt). Well, I'm off! We have graduation at 9, and a party to go to at noon. Caitlin's already been to two parties for kindergarten graduation, and we're getting partied-out! Have a great day! Pamela -102 (ok, so I wasn't 250 yesterday...three days of bad food will do that to you!)
Sherri_B
on 5/24/05 1:34 am - washington, MO
YES, IT is simply amasing how much thes little ones change . I am getting ready to send my 6th one off to kindergarden this year . And i still weep when they go . I have one more to start thru but hes got a few years . actually i will have 1 starting k. and my oldest will be graduating that year . what a gap huh !!!! AND CONGRATS to your daughter . My lil soon to be first grader is in tap,ballet,and tumbling she just had her recital and we was so proud of her i cried tears .. Thanks for sharing and we mommys love to brag on our heros ... they are truely our inspiration to keep going in life ...
Tara118
on 5/24/05 8:11 am - Trenton, OH
You have EVERY right to brag!! Congrats on her graduation and also passing her yellow belt test!! What an awesome accomplishment!! Our children are one of our many reasons for our surgery...(or at least mine was) I would love to see more brags about our kiddos!! My dd will be in Kindergarten next year. I cannot believe she is this old already. Tara 305/175/170 -130 5LBS TIL GOAL!!
Lovin2cu
on 5/24/05 5:53 pm - southbridge, MA
Hi Pamela, Awww congrats to your little one. It sure does fly by!!!!! My little one will be in 3rd grade next year... and my two older ones will be graduating.... empty nest begins... Again, CONGRATS!!!! Lisa in Mass 360/283/164
Marcy B.
on 5/25/05 10:57 am - West Bloomfield, MI
Congrats!!! Enjoy her while she is young. Kids grow up before you know it. Mine " little one" is 22 already and has just moved out of the house. So we are officially empty nesters. I started the training for my Farmer's Insurance agency this week. Totally cool- eating has been great. My clothes are getting smaller and the scale has moved under 280. FINALLY!! Marcy -90
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views