I did it!

Monna W.
on 5/21/05 2:40 pm - Susanville, CA
No, I did not reach my goal weight, but I did something I've wanted to do for a long time!!!!! Today I completed a 2 mile walk that was part of an annual race held here in Susanville. It was a wonderful course in the foothills at the edge of town. There were a few good grades, but mostly gentle hills and level. They have a 4.7 mile run, a 2 mile run, and a 2 mile walk. I did the walk. I was the last walker across the finish line, but not the last participant (one of the older women runners finished after I did). I did the entire course without a rest and completed it in 46 minutes. I had figured it would take me at least an hour, but I did in less time. I am so jazzed. A year ago I couldn't have walked from the parking lot to the starting point. Next year I aim for less than 30 minutes on the same course. Two physicians I used to work with did the run and encouraged me as they passed me on their back to the finish. They were impressed. One of the registration women is someone I know slightly and she did not recognize me because of my weight loss. I have pictures on my profile of me just prior to the beginning of the walk and of the terrain of the course. The last time I tried a walk of this sort was 10 years ago, 3K all on level ground and I had to rest for 10 minutes at the halfway point. I thought I would die before I got to the finish. Today I felt great and felt I could have walked the 4.7 mile course (of course, there would not have been anyone there to see me cross the finish line). Thanks for all the inspiration you guys give me. I don't know if I will ever be able to run, but who knows. I never really believed I would get this far. Monna 389/236/150
Sue G.
on 5/21/05 5:53 pm - Aurora, NE
wonderful !!! it feels so good to feel good !!! That's wonderful not sure I could do a full 2 miles !! ..
Tara118
on 5/21/05 9:26 pm - Trenton, OH
That is so awesome Monna!! I am here in tears for you!! You will get that walk in less that 30 minutes next year, I am sure of it. Keep up the good work!! Tara 305/175/170 -130 5lbs TIL GOAL!!! *Behind Every Successful Woman is Herself*
us2bfat C.
on 5/21/05 9:46 pm - selden, NY
monna i am totally impressed since you have had this surgery you have accomplished soo much you must be so proud of yourself i know im proud of you keep it up girlfriend!!!! Stacy 232/140 at goal!!!!!!!!!!!
IrishIze
on 5/21/05 11:05 pm - NJ
Monna, my friend, you bring tears to my eyes! Your gratitude at being given back your life shines every time you post. YOU ARE MY INSPIRATION!!! Congrats on doing the walk. I'm doing one in Central Park in June. It was one of my goals before I had the surgery last year, and I can't wait to cross another one off my list!!! Hugs, Nancy -110
(deactivated member)
on 5/22/05 12:20 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
That's AWESOME! It takes a lot of courage to put yourself out there and do something like this. Not only has surgery given you the physical capability to participate in a walk, but you have the confidence to, as well. I'm still not brave enough to sign up for anything physical. The old me is still lurking...I can't even put on my size 24 jeans without panicking (I always think they won't fit), even though they fit fine. Even though I KNOW I can probably finish a race (not first place, of course), I still worry that I CAN'T do it. I guess I'll be one of those people with image issues... ANYWAY...I'm so proud of you! You have done something that many of us are still afraid of. That's absolutely fantastic! GO MONNA! Pamela 352/250/150
(deactivated member)
on 5/22/05 12:29 am - Somewhere Else
Fantastic!!! I'm so proud of you and so happy for you! what a wonderful accomplishment! Linda 268/143 BELOW GOAL! and.....ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (wedding date set: August 5th, 2006!)
(deactivated member)
on 5/22/05 2:38 am - Paradise, CA
Great Job Monna, you rock.....I'm so proud of you...You are doing a great job.....Denise Kinyon
ileanak
on 5/22/05 11:37 pm - San Antonio, TX
How inspirational you are! Keep up the great work! Ileana 282/180.2/150
deeno
on 5/23/05 3:00 am - Kokomo, IN
Monna I checked out your pictures--your rear end is MIA! You look great, and congrats on the walk. Here's to a healthier you! Diana
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views