BAD eating patterns

(deactivated member)
on 5/21/05 1:21 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
This past week, I've not been eating very healthy. I've been busy, and that has led to a lot of eating out. For some reason, I have a really hard time with restaurants. One day, my dad and I went to lunch (it's so rare for him to invite me I couldn't say no) and I made poor choices. Another day, my husband wanted Mexican, and instead of ordering my standard fajitas, I ordered the taquitos AND ate the chips. That same day, I ate Mexican for my mom's birthday. Yesterday, my daughter had a party for her kindergarten graduation (which is Tuesday), and I ate pizza. The pizza wouldn't have been so bad except that all night, I kept going back for the leftovers. Just thought I'd confess my sins because the guilt will eat me alive. I know that I'm the one who did this to myself. I just don't know why I keep putting myself into situations where I can't control myself. A recovering alcholic doesn't go into a bar (okay, so alcoholic Sam took a job at Cheers...), but I KNOW I can't handle it when I go out...yet I still go out. How do you fight the temptation? Pamela -102 (been this all week long...afraid of the scale today)
Sherri_B
on 5/21/05 8:49 am - washington, MO
well i think we all have our days/weeks .. However i have noticed if i do routine i am not so bad get up have a cup coffee and some water and a protein shake .. then it seems it sets me straight for the day at night i get hungry but i have noticed if i take my calcium pills they seem to fill me up for some reason so i take them at bed time .. i also try and get some handy quick meals like the south beach wraps . they are quick and easy to grab ... and when i do go out on occasion i look at the menu and think protein ..... and i went to mexican resturant last weekend afte our dd dance recital and i ordered a fried chimichanga (sp) w/ pulled beef / i cut it open and piled refried beans on it the lettuce and salsa and ate the insides only . and brought the left overs home .. if you order bad choices try and make them better like avoid bread , i also had some chips i dont beat myself up over some chips i just know ok this is one day and i wont be having them for awhile ... today i ate tuna and chips mixed in w/ it .. and enjoyed it but i didnt do this till recently .. but i am happy w/ my weight now i would like to lose 15 more if i dont i am fine at 164 ... so i do allow myself to treats every now and then .. just limit them and treat yourself w/o beating yourself up do it 1 a month or everyother month . wether it be w/ food , clothing somethin you have done awesome and look great . remember protein when you look at menu and no fried, bread , and eat the protein first . and try not to drink w. your meals i have done this and it helps although i usually do drink w/ them but the few times i didnt i was fuller longer ..
Monna W.
on 5/21/05 2:29 pm - Susanville, CA
Pamela, You have done so well and are on track to eventually reach your goal. Don't a day, or even a week of poor choices eat at you (sorry about the pun****il you undo all your wonderful work. I do eat sandwiches occassionally, but I have found a wonderful bread with 5 gms protein per slice, so I feel justified. I even have some potato chips, but I eat them last after my protein so I am limited to how much I can eat. When I go to a Mexican restruarant I almost always have about 10 chips with salsa while I wait for my dinner, then have fajitas or something else. If there is a lot of tortilla, I eat the insides first and then a few bites of tortilla if I have room. I have worked so hard and done so well, I just can't let a few bad choices destroy my success. I think of you often, and when I am having a really bad day your posts help me because I know you are struggling, but you keep on working. Hang in there, dear friend, and know we are here for you. Monna 389/236/150
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views