Advil?

suzeeq
on 5/20/05 6:02 am - Palmerton, PA
I have a bad left knee and some days the pain is unbearable. Today was one of those days so I took 2 Advil for the pain. It really helped! I know we're not supposed to take these anymore but to be honest extra strength Tylenol doesn't work for me. Do you guys think it would be okay to take a couple Advil just once in a while? Thanks in advance...hugs to all...Susie 328/235/180ish
Traci K.
on 5/20/05 6:27 am - Sullivan, MO
Well, I would call your surgeon and ask them. I know that Advil is a no-no; but am not sure what good replacement options there are. The surgeon should be able to help you. I would hate to see you develop an ulcer due to the Advil - so please be careful!! Traci
IrishIze
on 5/20/05 11:06 am - NJ
I had a bad backache last week - Tylenol extra strength didn't even touch it. I got the children's liquid Ibuprofen, and took 1 dosage cupful and a glass of water so it didn't sit in my pouch. The pain was gone in 15 minutes and didn't come back. I don't think one or two dosages will hurt, but I wouldn't take it on a regular basis. Your best bet is to check with your doc. Feel better soon!! Hugs, Nancy -110
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views