update.... life = the gym, and leather pants

ileanak
on 5/19/05 4:30 am - San Antonio, TX
My life ROCKS! I am in love, I have finally lost 100 lbs and I can run over a mile without killing myself, I am even sure I have a nice six pack (under all that loose skin). I have been spending two hours at the gym, M-F. I start out with a 20 minute abs class, then (M/W/F) I do the stairmaster for 5 minutes, the elliptical for 45 minutes, work an upper body muscle (like, ugh, tricepts) and finish with another 20 minute abs class. T/Th I do the same but exchange the elliptical for a kick boxing class. On one of the weekend days, I do the ellipitcal for at least 50 minutes, run a mile on the treadmill before and after, and work out lower body. I am the gym Queen ! ! ! ! ! My weight loss has slowed tramendously, but I keep dropping body fat and inches, so I hope I can get into the REALLY tight leather motorcycle pants my man sent me to wear when i visit in September... I am doing my darnest to get into them.. have to shave about 4 inches off the waist.... ugh~ The down side? The man I am in love with is deployed to Iraq till September, then he goes home (Italy airbase) and will be there for 4 more years... I am doing my hardest to find a job out there..... help keep your fingers crossed~ Good luck to all! Ileana 282/182.6/150
(deactivated member)
on 5/19/05 5:14 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
You're doing teriffic! My brother-in-law is in the Air Force. Right now, he's deployed in one of those "stan" countries. It's pretty hard on my sister, so I can imagine how difficult it must be for you. It's even worse that he's in Iraq instead of some nice base somewhere. So what is your exercise secret? How do you stay motivated to work out as much as you do? Do you find that having classes with other women makes it more fun? I'm starting to dread my trips to the gym, and really need to get over that! Pamela 352/250/150 Just 100 to go!
ileanak
on 5/19/05 10:41 pm - San Antonio, TX
Thanks Pamela, My exercise secret? Those darn leather motorcycle pants my b/f sent me. I put them on every weekend to see how much of a difference I have made that week. I also introduced myself to all the trainers and gave them my goal (as well as my past).. Now they all expect to see me each day, and they keep me motivated to do a little more. For example, the abs calsses I attent M-F, a different trainer teaches each time. Since they all know me (and I am one of the few regulars at every session), they kind of gear it for me. If, in the middle of the routine, I am looking at them with a "that's all you got?" look, they make it harder...... It can be brutal, but well worth the results. And, it gives me a reason to be there. Ileana 282/181.2/150
Sue G.
on 5/19/05 4:30 pm - Aurora, NE
Wow at the rate your going you might shrink into and out (be too small) by Sept!! I've got my fingers crossed for ya!! My hubby was in uniform (Army) when we got married 36 yrs ago ( He just got back from Vietnam). Love a man in uniform !!
ileanak
on 5/19/05 10:44 pm - San Antonio, TX
Thanks Sue, One can hope to shrink enough. I am certainly going for it Congratilations on your long and beautiful marriage~ I am an Army civilian, and have alot of respect for those men and women...... And there is something about those uniforms Ileana 282/181.2/150
jcordell
on 5/20/05 3:11 am - TX
Wow Ileana! That's an awesome story! Keep it up, and you'll be in those pants in NO TIME! Your dedication and positive demeanor are an inspiration to us all. Take care, 338/221/188 -117
ileanak
on 5/22/05 11:29 pm - San Antonio, TX
Thanks Jeff.... you are all an inspiration to me! Keep up the great work! Ileana
Tara118
on 5/21/05 7:12 am - Trenton, OH
OK...first of all my fellow divorced friend...what is this "I'm in love???" I am so jealous!! LOL. I'm glad you are doing so well!!! Keep up the good work and your work out routine sounds incredible!! Tara 305/176/170 -129 6lbs TIL GOAL!!! *Behind Every Successful Woman is Herself*
ileanak
on 5/22/05 11:35 pm - San Antonio, TX
LOL... yes, Tara... I am. Met a wonderful AF man (gulp.. on line... eHarmony) stationed in Italy. We corresponded for a few months... which turned (almost imediately) into daily phone calls and e-mails. He has since been here to see me, and I have been to CA to meet his family etc. He is in Iraq right now...but should be back in Italy in September. I am planning a terrific trip there.. and even trying to find work there.... The nice thing? No pressure to marry!!! I am so gun shy, I don't know if I will ever want to get married again. But I am looking forward to the adventure!!! Life is so wonderful for all of us! Ileana 282/180.2/150
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views