Weight loss and rate

LTruesdale1980
on 5/19/05 12:56 am - Orange Grove, TX
Anyone get paranoid about whether they are losing enough weight? I am now fitting into (snuggly for me) a 14/16 top at Lane Bryant. . .and will be a year out on July 26th. But I am paranoid that I am not losing enough/fast enough. On Feb. 10th. . .I was down from 343 to 244 (99lbs) and was told that was fine. But, I am just scared that I have not lost "enough" in the first year. The honeymoon period ends in what a year, correct? Just paranoid here.. . . Thanks for the vent! Lisa
(deactivated member)
on 5/19/05 1:37 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Both my surgeon and dietician say that you have about 2 years of "easy" weight loss. I'm not sure what's been so easy about it, because it certainly isn't effortless. But they both also told me that as long as I'm willing to work at it (think dieting and exercising MORE), I can continue to lose weight until I get to where I want to. It's just that after 2 years, surgery ceases to be the "miracle" and you have to rely on your healthy habits. So I wouldn't worry so much about whether or not you will continue to lose. Eventually, it's up to YOU to get there, not your re-routed insides. Pamela -102
LTruesdale1980
on 5/19/05 7:23 am - Orange Grove, TX
You are right. But even if you are doing things "correctly" we still get paranoid. I think I am just worried about screwing up, know what I mean? Lisa
Lovin2cu
on 5/20/05 4:29 pm - southbridge, MA
Hi Lisa, A fear of mine everyday is that I am a failure and that I will stop loosing. I really have only lost about 15 lbs since the beginning of December. I was stuck in the 290s forever. I thought I was considered a "heavyweight" so I would be one of those that had lost about 100 by now. No such luck... I am down to about 283 from 360 on July 28th. I know that it will come off, but it is definately scary!!! Hang in there... and lean on the board for support... Lisa in Mass 360/283/164
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views