Finally the scale moved

Tanja Y
on 5/18/05 12:26 am - Wahiawa, HI
After over a month of gaining and loosing the same two pounds over and over I finally stepped on the scale and noticed a difference. I've been hovering at 282 for almost 6 weeks now, bouncing up and down a pound or two no matter what I did. Last night I stepped on the scale and much to my surprise it read 276 I would have been escatic to see 279 so 276 had me dancing! I know stalls happen and happen for a reason but even I was getting tired of giving myself the speech about how my body was resting yada yada yada. You know what I mean, all those things we tell ourselves or get told when the weight loss stops. It's not my first plateau and I'm sure it won't be my last; but it sure felt like the longest one known to man! Today is my last check-up with my surgeon before we move to Hawaii and I can't help but wonder what his scale will say. It's always been really close to the scale I use at the gym but I can't help but wish that maybe I lost a 'miracle' pound or two while I slept! I know part of the stop in weight loss was my own fault. I'm sure it started out as a normal plateau but the longer it lasted the downer I got and the downer I got about it the more I slipped into old eating habits. Sneaking a bit of something here and there..........eating a few M&M's which made me sick as a dog. Unfortunately I didn't get sic****il the third time I'd eaten them.........but I learned my lesson! M&M's taste much better going down then up! Either way, I won't be eating them anymore. Just not worth the guilt and pain. ~Tanja 448/276/148
Danelle72
on 5/18/05 12:50 am - Las Vegas, NV
Tanja, Just wanted to say congrats. Thats great!!! Keep up the great work. You are doing fantastic. You go girl. Dance dance dance. You deserve too. Luv Danelle
IrishIze
on 5/18/05 3:16 am - NJ
Hooray for you Tanja!! Finally that scale is moving in the downward direction!! Now I'm waiting for mine to move.... BTW - you're looking fabulous!! Hugs, Nancy -110
us2bfat C.
on 5/19/05 10:57 am - selden, NY
nancy are you still going on saturday??? i havent spoke to you if you are email me and let me know how to find you i will be with jackie Stacy 232/136
Janette
on 5/18/05 2:36 pm - Peoria, AZ
Hi Tanya. I am so happy for you. I only had a stall that lasted a couples of weeks and i freaked so I can imagine how scared you were and how ecstatic you are now! Keep up the good work!!!!!!! Janette RNY 7-13-04 363/188 - 175 lbs
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views