just dont know what to do...

Bunny54
on 5/17/05 5:21 am - Anaheim, CA
no weight loss for 3 months...i have lost 80 lbs since july...10 months. i have tried upping my protein, my water, my exercise..and still no movement on the scale...what can i do?? i am so scared that this is it and i am not going to lose the rest of my weight.. i started at 273 and am down to 193...but have stayed there for the last 3 months...really down about this...anyone help? thanks, Leah F.
Lovin2cu
on 5/17/05 6:00 am - southbridge, MA
Hi Leah, I consider myself a very slow looser. I started at 360 and am now 283.5. But, I have been 299 since beginning of December. So, I get very scared also. I dont dump as I think I should, and I feel I can eat a bit more than I should. I try to pay close attention to feeling full. There isnt a food I "cant have" because it makes me sick. I am very happy and have experienced a lot of positive changes, but there isnt a day that goes by that I dont worry that Ive lost all Im going too. It is indeed VERY scary. Hang in there and keep in touch. Lisa in Mass 360/283.5/164
(deactivated member)
on 5/17/05 6:28 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Have you tweaked your calorie intake at all? When I first started getting stuck, my dietician said to try eating 1200 calories. That kept me at a steady loss of 5lbs a month (which was better than the 3lbs I had lost one month!). Lately, I have been eating even MORE than 1200 (bad habits are coming back), and my scale seems to be moving even better. We've heard all our life that staying below 1200 will put us into starvation mode, and it doesn't make sense for that not to happen just because we've had surgery. But I don't have the answers...I just keep trying something new. Yesterday, I printed out some information from "The Biggest Loser" website (blue team's infor), and they were required to shake up their calories daily: Monday 1300, Tuesday 1100, Wednesday 1300, Thursday 1200, Friday 1300, Saturday 1300, Sunday 1500. I think I'm going to go with this plan for a few weeks, just to see what kind of a difference it makes. I also started taking 200mcg of Selenium every day...I read in "First" magazine that it helps with your metabolism. Don't know if it's true or not, but what the heck. Talk to your dietician if you can. Or maybe sign up with a personal trainer for exercise tweaking. If nothing else, check out other weight loss programs and see if you can shake up your metabolism by doing something different. You can also try the "Platuea Buster Diet" which can be found on Princess Splenda's profile. I hope this helps. Just keep in mind that you aren't alone. Most of us are suffering from major slowdowns or complete plateaus. As long as you are eating fewer calories than you burn, you'll eventually get the weight off of you. Pamela -102
joniliz2
on 5/17/05 6:47 am - NORTH HAVEN, CT
RNY on 07/02/04 with
Leah I, too am going through the same thing. I increased my exercise and changed my routine to do a variety of exerecises. I increased protein..but the darn carbs still creep in...and I think that is my major downfall. How could just a little carb make such a big difference?? I don't know why but it does. My scale is just starting to budge now...but I won't believe it until its the same for 2 weeks. Hang in there..I know of others who have had a weight loss stall-like us and then have it pick up again. Joanie
Sue G.
on 5/17/05 5:54 pm - Aurora, NE
I have also only lost 82 pounds in the 10 months. I jump up and down for long periods of time and then lose a pound or two here and there but I am going down. Just hang in there I also heard that sometimes your body takes a rest and then starts losing again. Don't give up I try to just think of how far I have come and how much better I feel! That was the whole reason for the WLS to begain with my health! Don't revert back to your old habits try to stay with the good ones and keep plugging away time will pass and I'm sure you'll start to lose again. Keep us posted !! .. Sue
mom2jtx3
on 5/18/05 4:49 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Hi Leah, When I was about 10 months to a year out my weight loss stopped for awhile as well. I upped the exercise and got more serious about the refined carbs, eliminating ALL white flour and white sugar products that I had let creep back in. That kicked it into gear again. Linda
Sherri_B
on 5/18/05 5:11 am - washington, MO
You are not alone sit back and enjoy what you have lost cause up until last week i hadnt lost since jan .. yes jan and i have now lost 2 pounds for a total of -105 but i tried alot bu****er has been my key factor i really uped it and man i pee all day long ... hang in there your body is resting however the inches are still going
Sherri_B
on 5/18/05 5:13 am - washington, MO
also i was drinking only propel , i think that had me stuck sodium maybe went to water ..
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views