FOREVER FAT..and I HATE MY LIFE

deeno
on 5/13/05 2:26 am - Kokomo, IN
I could have written your post, except I have only lost 70 pounds. I did lose an additional 2-3 pounds, but they found their way back to me. I think they are going to leave me again, as my routine has changed. I love reading about other people's successes, and seeing their numbers go down. I am so proud to be a part of such a good group of supportive people. But it does frustrate me that my numbers aren't going anywhere, and it makes me wonder why. I followed up with my surgeon--she didn't seem overly concerned about my weight issue (not losing since January). She told me what people have told me my whole life--"eat less, exercise more". Well, I had this surgery to help me to eat less, and I seem to be able to eat like a normal person. I've been able to do this since almost the beginning. In the beginning, I didn't--I ate my 2 ounces and stopped eating out of fear, not fullness. Now, don't get me wrong, I can't eat as much as I used to be able to eat. But, i've been able to eat "normal portions" for far too long. It was frustrating to hear my surgeon tell me to eat less. i mean, I had this surgery to help me to do that, and it doesn't seem to be helping as much as I wanted it to. When others see me eat, they tell me that I don't eat much at all. My husband (post RNY-3 yrs and at goal), tells me I eat way too much, for a post WLSer. So, I'm back to "dieting" like I did pre-WLS. I'm hungry and frustrated. Now that football has started, my schedule is nuts and I really need to plan ahead for meals and snacks as I'll be "on the road" alot. I try to stay away from fast food (burgers and fries). I usually get a sandwhich at a gas station. Plus, with increased activity, I'm hungrier. Hopefully we'll win this battle. Don't give up. You're not the only one afraid of being overweight forever. Diana
MarinaS
on 5/13/05 2:22 pm - Small Town, WA
Try to get in all your water and drink at least 3 protein drinks a day. That seems to work for me. I was at the same weight for a long time. I was not getting in enough protein. Everytime you are starving have a protein drink. I usually get in a couple meals a day, but it takes me all day just to get everything in. You will continue to loose. Your body is just adjusting.
rdt1130
on 5/13/05 11:10 pm - Bristol, TN
Marcy I feel your pain and I feel the same way, I have lost 106 lbs but i was down 100 2 months ago and now 6 lbs in over 2 months Im getting real discouraged thinking I will never even get under 200 I wanted this so much by the time i went back to my surgeon and thought I could achive it but I didnt I go Tues and Im 212 still Im so frusterated .... I know I will never be 120lbs and a size 6 but I would like to reach a normal weight... my goal was 175, will I ever make it??????? I dont know I hope so and Im going to keep trying... Rebecca
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views