FOREVER FAT..and I HATE MY LIFE

Marcy B.
on 5/10/05 11:07 am - West Bloomfield, MI
WELCOME TO MY PITY PARTY. DOING EVERYTHING RIGHT, INCREASING PROTEIN, EXERCISING, GETTING IN FLUIDS, AND THAT #@#$$ SCALE WILL NOT MOVE...NOT ONE POUND, AND THEN WHEN IT DOES ITS IN AN UPWARD DIRECTION. I AM SO FRUSTRATED I COULD SCREAM...OR MAYBE EAT SOMETHING. BUT THAT DOESN'T WORK EITHER. LATELY I HAVE BEEN DUMPING ON NOTHING IN PARTICULAR, AND GETTING NAUSEOUS AND OVERFUL QUICKLY..SO I WAS SURE I WAS GOING TO LOSE WEIGHT. ESPECIALLY THIS PAST WEEKEND I WAS OUT OF TOWN ON MY OWN AND ATE VERY CAREFULLY- . I WAS SURE THAT I WOULD LOSE SOMETHING BUT, NOW ONLY ABOUT 1 POUND IN 2 MONTHS...AND I AM NOT LOSING INCHES EITHER. I AM AFRAID I WILL BE THE ONLY ONE WHO WON'T LOSE ANY MORE WEIGHT. I AM SO FRUSTRATED I WISH I COULD EAT JUST FOR SPITE, IT WOULD MAKE THE FRUSTRATION WORTH IT. ITS THE DAY FROM HELL...I AM TOTALLY STRESSED, TOTALLY DEPRESSED- AND FAT!!!!!!! FOREVER FAT AND HATING MY LIFE. MARCY STUCK AT -282 FOREVER.......
(deactivated member)
on 5/10/05 11:28 am - Paradise, CA
Hi Marcy, Hold on....Hold on. You had the surgery the same day that I did. I just went thru that same exact thing just a week ago. (Thank God for my new friend Monna who told me about this site.) It just started again for me this past week and I lost 4 lbs. I have been busting my butt walking on the treadmill for an hour five days a week. (3.3 miles), increased my water and my protein. Don't get depressed it really will start up again. It did for me and I know it will for you...Just keep up the good work you are doing and it will happen. Hugs....Denise
AngelFlyingHappy
on 5/10/05 11:53 am - Oxnard, CA
Marcy....... Take a deep breath sweetie....its perfectly okay to be frustrated. Just please dont give up!!! Your body is adjusting in its own way and the scale will move again. You have to remember our losing period is 18 mos to two years. Dont be so hard on yourself. Just keep doing the right things and things will move again. Michelle
Sue G.
on 5/10/05 4:44 pm - Aurora, NE
Been there done that ... Know exactly how you feel!! Just hang in there! We maybe slow but we'll get there! I'm not worried I just keep plugging along.
Denice W.
on 5/10/05 8:30 pm - Wildwood Crest, NJ
I can't see where your upset you've lost 282lbs in less than a year! Thats great! i've only lost 103lbs and i'm 6 days after you! Remember 282lbs gone!!
Marcy B.
on 5/10/05 9:36 pm - West Bloomfield, MI
Oh, I wi**** was 282 lbs gone....that is what I weigh. I have only lost 85lbs and that is why I am so frustrated. Congrats on your 103 lbs. I can't wait until I can get to the Century mark then I will feel like I really accomplished something. Marcy
Dawn H.
on 5/10/05 8:36 pm - Jersey CIty, NJ
Ohhhhhhhhhh a party I know its frustrating Marcy.. IM stuck pretty much in the same place now for last 6 weeks..probably more my own doing .. since I havent been eating right.. I graze more than eat regular meals . But im going to change that with 3 high protien meals and 2 snacks a day Hopefully that with increasing my water intake will help get me back on track. I have alot of friends who had the surgery.. they have gone thru plateaus from hell lasting from 2 months to 6 months.. but guess what? they all started loosing again and most are close to goal by the time they reach thier 18th month. Hang in there .. eventually things catch up.. maybe a little more cardio exercise to rev up your metabolism? seems the summer is when they started loosing again I guess cause of the warmer weather and they got out and did more and since you feel better from the initial weight loss it will be easier to go out and enjoy the summer. Keep us posted .. and keep comming here for support. We are all sisters ( and a few brothers) united for the cause! Dawn
IrishIze
on 5/10/05 10:03 pm - NJ
OK Marcy - you've gotten that out of your system. Sometimes we need to vent and I'm glad you felt you could do it here among your friends. I think most of us have been frustrated at some point or other. I have to admit that I'm kind of surprised that I have to diet as 'hard' as I do. I have to keep a constant check on what I eat. It seems like if I eat over 700 calories a day I will stop losing or gain. To me that seems kind of low, but that's what I'm doing at this point. As far as being stressed, that can manifest itself in lots of different ways including weight gain and the need to EAT. When I get stressed, I try to walk. (BTW, I have found that the more I exercise the slower I lose...just an observation.) I have also found that I have to change things up quite a bit in order to lose. One day eat high calories, the next couple of days low. Exercise every day for a week then not for two or three days. It's a guessing game. Maybe if you journal everything you eat and drink and also your exercise, you can find a pattern that might be causing your plateau. The good news is that plateaus DO end eventually, and you will lose more weight. I know how frustrated you are. Please feel free to come here and yell and kick and scream. We're here for you and we understand. P.S. Have you asked your surgeon for suggestions? Hugs, and an extra squeeze, Nancy -111
(deactivated member)
on 5/11/05 12:13 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Marcy, hang in there. That's really the only advice I have for you. I know that you're working hard to stay on the right path, and hearing a bunch of suggestions that you've already tried really doesn't help. I know how frustrated I am by this whole WLS thing, and I can imagine just how upset you are. We are slow losers, and it's hard to accept sometimes. It's also hard to tweak your plan until you find what works best. In my case, tweaking doesn't seem to do much good anyway. One thing I WOULD suggest is talking to your surgeon, have him run some tests. You could be having some kind of mechanical failure, or you might be having trouble with your thyroid or some other part of your metabolic system. It might be wise to get these things ruled out. Hang in there! Pamela
Monna W.
on 5/11/05 4:14 am - Susanville, CA
Marcy, I agree with Nancy, I am glad you felt you could vent your frustrations here. Plateaus are very difficult to deal with, whether iit is in our weight loss journey or some other aspect of our lives. The only thing I can suggest is for you to hang in there. Less than 6 weeks after surgery I reached a plateau that lasted over 6 weeks so there I was having gone through this major surgery, having complications, and the weight seemed to stop after losing 50 lbs. I just continued to do what my surgeon told me to do and the loss started again. We all have bodies that do what they need to do. Let your body adjust to its new size and then it will decide it wants to be smaller. Try to focus on the positive aspects of the process: you weigh much less than you did 10 months ago, you wear a smaller size, you are exercising regularly, you are eating properly, and you have a great support group right here on this board. You are beautiful and you deserve to love yourself. Monna 389/238/150
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views