Advil Anyone????

IrishIze
on 5/10/05 5:42 am - NJ
I have a terrible lower backache. I've taken a couple of extra strength Tylenol and I'm wearing a heat belt, but that hasn't even touched it. I'd love to take an Advil or two, but I'm kind of afraid. I wouldn't take it for any longer than a day or two, but boy I need some relief. Has anyone taken Advil or ibuprofen? Hugs, Nancy -111
brittypie
on 5/10/05 6:48 am - Chicago, IL
RNY on 07/01/04 with
I take Ibuprofen on a somewhat regular basis, once or twice a week, with no problems. Why should we not be taking it?
(deactivated member)
on 5/10/05 6:57 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
As long as you aren't taking Advil on a regular basis, I'm sure you'll be just fine. I think it takes a bit more than a rare occasion to cause ulcers. Just don't take it for more than a couple of days! Pamela -101
Deejay
on 5/10/05 8:13 am - Sparks, NV
I take childrens advil everytime i have a headache. Its the only thing that helps and since its liquid, i chase it with a little water and there's no danger of an ulcer. I recommend it completely, I keep a huge stock of it on hand. I hope your back feels better soon! Deejay 257/161/150 -96 11 til goal!!!
IrishIze
on 5/10/05 9:52 pm - NJ
DeeJay - I got some of the children's ibuprofen - how much do you take?? Nancy
Deejay
on 5/11/05 7:05 am - Sparks, NV
Nancy, I usually take 1 full cup(the little cup provided) plus another 1/3 of a cup for a bad headache. Knocks it right out! Deejay
Ken W.
on 5/10/05 1:52 pm - Conyers, GA
hi, I take Advil on occassion and have never had a problem. I had surgery the same day as you!
T R.
on 5/12/05 3:05 am
I had to take Advil last month for the arrival of Aunt Flo. I was scared to death. I have been so good in following the rules. I only took two and it helped so much that I didn't need any more of them. I am going to try the liquid Advil next time. Thanks for the tip. I hope your back feels better soon, It's hard to do anything when your back hurts. (((HUGS))) Tami 275/176/140 -1 lb = Century Club!! 36 lbs 2 go!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views