I've been "out of it" lately.....

deeno
on 5/9/05 11:06 pm - Kokomo, IN
Hi July Babies Life has reared it's crazy head in my little corner of the universe, but I thought that I should check in with you guys. I've had enough time to read everyone's posts, but not enough time to respond. Work has gotten busy (this is a good thing--my office opened almost a year ago--less than 2 months after my surgery, and it's really taken off now--I'm proud of this). Softball has started--I play in a double-headder tonight. Football has started--I'll go to my first practice tomorrow. Football is 6 nights a week, but I can only go to 3 of them due to softball and the cost of gas--it is a 1 hour and 20 minute drive one-way to football practice. In addition to my "normal" craziness, Chuck (hubby) and I are building a home. The building hasn't started yet, we are still in the planning stages. We may have found some land, but we're still checking out our options at this point. Summer is truly my busy season.....and so it begins. But, I love it. The 2 pounds that I lost have found their way back to me. But, it seems as if I may be losing inches--it's possible that my muscle mass has changed. I tried on some size 14 jeans.....and they fit. They were tight, but not obscene. I didn't care for the style, so I didn't buy them. I bought a pair of mens jeans that I like better (38 waist---my skinny hubby is a 34). Several people have asked me if I've lost more weight, too. I didn't measure my inches this month--I was a little disappointed last month since there was no change and since the scale didn't move much, I didn't see the point. I'll measure next month, though, to see if I really am losing inches. I've been feeling really tired lately. I was feeling tired even before my crazy schedule started, so that's probably not it. I had my protein, cholesterol, and iron checked---all were fine. Chuck reminded me that a few years ago I had "mono", and once you have mono, you're likely to get it again. I did have a sore throat a few weeks ago, and I chalked it up to allergy season. But, the more I think about it, I'm pretty darn sure I have mono. It's just a virus, and it will run it's course in about 6 weeks or so. I'm probably about 3-4 weeks into it. I'm following up with my family doc, because I want to be sure it isn't anything else. So, that's my story for now. When the dust settles, I'll get more active around here. But for now I'm temporarily going to "lurker" status. Diana
hockeyhottie
on 5/9/05 11:27 pm - Madison Heights, MI
Diana, Sounds like you are busy but having a blast--I begin playing hockey this Saturday and can't wait! Does your women's team ever play in Michigan? I'm pretty sure we have a women's pro team here-- If so, it would be great to meet up--I'd love to catch a game and maybe meet for a bite after. Smiles, Mel
IrishIze
on 5/10/05 12:04 am - NJ
Hi Diana - wow, you ARE busy!! I'll miss your posts around here during your busy season, but I'll know you're out there somewhere!!! Hope you start to feel better soon and get some of your energy back - sounds like you're gonna need it!! Hugs, Nancy -111
GailD
on 5/10/05 3:03 am - Racine, WI
You are a busy girl, Diana. Try not to get too crazy! Remember we talked about my niece playing pro football, too? Found out her new team is the Milwaukee Momentum. Any chance you'll be playing them this season? Gail D. -103
deeno
on 5/13/05 6:07 am - Kokomo, IN
I think the Milwaukee Momentum is not a part of the WPFL, but maybe another league. I didn't see us scheduled to play against them. I was looking forward to beating...er....meeting your niece! Football practice has started here, and the bruises are popping up like spring flowers on my arms. Good think I look great in black and blue. Diana
AngelFlyingHappy
on 5/10/05 12:01 pm - Oxnard, CA
My goodness Missy surely with all that running your going to be doing, you'll be losing a lot of inches!!!! Michelle
Sue G.
on 5/10/05 5:28 pm - Aurora, NE
Busy Busy Busy ... sounds like with all the activity you'll get all your excercise in !! have fun !! it's alot easier now than 10 months ago !! .. Sue
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views