Horrible Stomach Cramps!!!!!!!

brandnewmw30
on 5/9/05 12:10 pm - MERRILLVILLE, IN
I'm ten months out and at this very moment I am experiencing some of the worst stomach cramps. I don't know what it is from. Has anyone ad these symptoms fro a stricture or staples opening Up?
deeno
on 5/9/05 11:14 pm - Kokomo, IN
I'm doubting that it is staples opening up this late in the game. Maybe it was just something that didn't "agree" with you. If it happens again--see your doc. Hope you are feeling better. Diana
hockeyhottie
on 5/9/05 11:22 pm - Madison Heights, MI
I have been having middle back pain since February ( off and on) and some pain in the lower abdomen. I have been trying to figure out what might be causing it--I am wondering if it might be malabsorption? I don't always get in all the protein I am suppose to have ( bad me, I know) and this might be causing excess gasses to build up in the intestines. Has anyone else had something like this or had their doc tell them this was the cause? Took a Gas-X and two Tums last night and that helped a bit--I just wanted to FART so bad! Sorry if that was TMI for some of you. Anyhow feeling a bit better today--but just curious if anyone else has had that type of back pain. Smiles, Mel
IrishIze
on 5/9/05 11:52 pm - NJ
Are the cramps low in your belly or up high under your ribcage? I don't know if you'd have a stricture at this point of the surgery. Did you eat something that could cause gas? Hope you're feeling better. Hugs, Nancy -111
bugsmom
on 5/10/05 3:38 am - In Mom's House, CA
I've been experiencing horrible abdominal pain too! At first I thought it was gas. It would go away but be back the next afternoon. Saturday evening it got so bad I was in tears and finally went to the emergency room. I waited for 4 hours. Finally, at midnight, I asked how much longer they thought it might be and they said at least another 4 hours, so I went home. The pain had by then gone away. I've been wondering if it's my appendix? I didn't have a fever. The thing is, I had no pain Sunday or Monday and no pain so far today. So I haven't called my doctor because I feel silly when I'm not presenting any symtoms. But I do have an appt. with my surgeon this afternoon for my 9 month (alittle late) check up so I'll mention it to him. I don't feel my pain has anything at all to do with my by-pass. I also don't think it's what I'm eating because I haven't introduced anything new into my diet in months. It's puzzling. I hope you're feeling alot better. Merritt
(deactivated member)
on 5/10/05 3:45 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I once had stomach cramps so bad that I thought I was dying. Although I had never had a miscarriage, it's exactly what I thought one must be like. I didn't have to use the bathroom or anything, but I was sweating profusely. I nearly called my husband home from work to take me to the emergency room, but after about 30 minutes, it all went away. I asked your question on the main board, and they all figured I dumped...from grease. I have never had it again, and never intend to! Pamela
(deactivated member)
on 5/15/05 10:41 pm
I don't know if it's the same, but here's my experience: This happened to me twice, where I couldn't even sit up straight because of the pain, which was soooo bad! It lasted about 20 minutes and then it went away. Both times I'd had fried foods. I didn't really put two and two together until another time when I had Popeyes chicken and had the same cramping, only a bit lessened. So! Once I learned the lesson, I've stayed away from fried foods and the pain has stayed away from me
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views