9 month update (little late)

scholarmama
on 5/8/05 10:04 am - Hemet, CA
Hey all... these last two weeks have been absolultly chaotic for me... but I wanted to give y'all an update on how I am doing now a little over 9 months out... I was 9 months out on the 29th... I am down 174 lbs... I can not believe 174 lbs. I started at 388 and I am now down to 214. I am anxiously awaiting the day to go below 200. I recently sent in my video to extreme makeover cuz this excess skin is driving me NUTS!!! I started in a 4X and now wear mostly larges with a few XL's depending on cut. I was in a 32 pants and this last week put on my first pair of 16's 1/2 the person I was... (well 18 lbs away from that...lol) There are a few fascinating things that have happened to me... 1. I use to wear an 11W in my shoe... and now I wear 9 1/2 regular 2. My ring that I wear now (a bit big already) fits inside my old rings. 3. I have to get a new toe ring cuz it falls off of me...lol 4. I played basketball with the kids at my daughters school with other mom's for mother's day event and I was the only one who walked off the court not dripping with sweat. I could go on and on like so many of you... but i wont put you to sleep...lol. I am just extremely thankful for the new life I have been given and now living life instead of just exsisting in it Loni -174 lbs 40 more till goal then reconstructive surgery
GailD
on 5/8/05 11:36 am - Racine, WI
Congratulations, Loni! WOW! -174 lbs.!!!! You must be soooo happy! I love your list of things that have changed -- isn't this just incredible??? I'm with you...extremely thankful for this new life I've been given. I finally feel like the person I was meant to be! You look awesome...and what a beautiful family! Gail D. 252/149/140
GailD
on 5/8/05 11:37 am - Racine, WI
Hey! I just noticed we're surgery-date sisters! Woohoo!
Sue G.
on 5/8/05 4:02 pm - Aurora, NE
I have about 40lbs left to go to goal also but I feel so good already. I'm just happy to look and feel normal!! And be able to do everything I want to do without feeling haggered all the time. Happy 9 month anniversary!!
IrishIze
on 5/9/05 1:39 am - NJ
Loni - that is so fantastic!!! Your expericence is what WLS is all about ~ what a success story!!! You've gotten your life back, and how great is that?? Thanks so much for sharing ~ hope to see you on Extreme Makeover soon!!! Hugs, Nancy -111
us2bfat C.
on 5/9/05 10:34 am - selden, NY
wow i got a lump in my throat just reading your post you are truly a success story keep up the good work !!!!! Stacy 232/140 at goal!!!!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views