Another one new to the board

Moxie
on 5/7/05 8:59 am - IL
Hi I'm a July baby too though haven't posted to the board yet. If you read my profile you'll find my surgery was a bit different as they found a wicked little surprise of a tumor right where they made the first incision to my stomach. It was a rare and early form of intestinal cancer, so had a lot to deal with emotionally and physically. My first post about it on my profile shows I was still in denial. I was in the hospital 11 days due to the extent of the surgery. So I don't have a pouch, but am hooked up straight from the esophogus to the intestine ( I think of it as my tube). This type of tumor does't respond to chemo or radiation so surgery is the only treatment. So at least I didn't have to deal with that too while healing! Things are going very well now and I'm happy to say I'm down about 95-96 lbs goal of at least 150 lost. And still NED (No evidence of disease) So hi and congrats to everyone on the board. Jennifer
Lovin2cu
on 5/7/05 11:37 am - southbridge, MA
Hi Jennifer, WELCOME to the July board. You will find many many friends and lots of support here. I am SO glad everything worked out for you. In more ways than one, this surgery was a life saver for you!!!!! God Bless and glad to see your on "board" Lisa in Mass 360/285/164
(deactivated member)
on 5/7/05 11:40 am - Paradise, CA
Hi Jennifer, Welcome to the board. I have only been here for a couple of days myself. These are very sweet and great people on here. They are very supportive and helpful. So sorry to hear about the problems in the beginning but seems like you are doing quite well. Keep up all the good work and know we are all here to help you. Have a great Day....Denise
us2bfat C.
on 5/7/05 8:24 pm - selden, NY
welcome we are all a bunch of cracked nuts but you will love us we are all here to support one another look forward to your posts Stacy 232/140 at goal
Traci K.
on 5/7/05 8:55 pm - Sullivan, MO
Welcome Jennifer!! WOW - what a journey you've had! I'm glad you're doing well. Traci -91
IrishIze
on 5/7/05 11:33 pm - NJ
Hi Jen, and welcome!! Well I'm really glad you had the surgery when you did ~ whew, what a shocker, huh??? It sounds like things are going well though, thank goodness for that! You'll find we're a great bunch here ~ we all care A LOT about each other and really are a family. The best part is we love aolpting new members!! So jump right in and remember that we're always here for each other!! Hugs, Nancy -111
Sue G.
on 5/8/05 5:26 am - Aurora, NE
Welcome to the July Babies !! The group here is wonderful and very helpful!! Sorry you had such a bad start and glad things are going well now. Sue
deeno
on 5/9/05 10:49 pm - Kokomo, IN
Wow--what a lucky lady you are! So many people say that WLS saved their lives, but in your case it really did! Glad you're here. This board is pretty darn active--I'm pretty sure there are daily posts here. Lots of support, too. Welcome! Diana
Moxie
on 5/11/05 2:55 pm - IL
Thanks so much for all the support and welcomes from everybody! Jennifer
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits