10 month update

Monna W.
on 5/6/05 12:40 pm - Susanville, CA
It is hard to believe it has been almost a year since surgery!!!! I was aiming to have 150 off by the 10 month mark and I missed it by only 1 lb. I have lost a total of 149 lbs., 61.75 inches, gone from a size 42/44 to 22/24, BMI from 62.7 to 38.7, oxygen 24/7 to night time only. Many of my meds are gone (replaced with vitamins and other supplements) and I feel like I have a life again. I have more energy than I have in many, many years. I can eat anything I want, if I remember to eat small quantities, and very little sweets only occassionally. My eating habits have changed a great deal and the surgery has made that easier. I still potato chips, and other salty greasy snacks. The difference is that 2 or 3 bites satisfies my craving. I do not let it go further because I am afraid I would go back to my old habits. I have been influential (and I hope, helpful) in 3 friends' making the decision to have the surgery. I am very grateful for the support of the wonderful July babies!! Where would I be without all of you. It is still acting like early spring (still have snow flurries in early mornings), but I am looking forward to a wonderful active summer. Monna 389/240/150
(deactivated member)
on 5/6/05 1:32 pm - Paradise, CA
Hi Monna, Well I finally figured out how to use this. Thanks so much for inviting me here. You are doing so great, I'm sure proud of you. Keep up the good work. I can't wait until we have nice weather that will stay nice for a while anyway. Seems to be raining all the time lately. Have a great weekend. Take Care.....Denise
Sue G.
on 5/6/05 2:45 pm - Aurora, NE
Your doing great Monna!! I think we all try a few things once in a while but I'm like you a bite or two here and there but for the most part try to stay away from sweets etc. I found out I dump on greasie foods so I really stay away from them now!! I want to thank you for encouraging me to keep trying to put my pictures on my profile I finally "gotter done" as Larry the Cable guy would say. So my Pics are now on my profile!! Thanks !!
IrishIze
on 5/6/05 9:32 pm - NJ
Monna - you're my shining star!!! You have always been so positive, even when you were having a rough time!! What a success story you are!! I'm waiting for spring to finally stick around here in the northeast too. It's staying pretty cool and damp. Bless you!!! Hugs, Nancy -111
Traci K.
on 5/6/05 10:00 pm - Sullivan, MO
Congratulations Monna - you're doing awesome!! Traci 250/159/149
GailD
on 5/7/05 12:19 pm - Racine, WI
Congratulations, Monna! You're doing AWESOME! I can't believe it's been 10 months already -- where does the time go? I always enjoy your posts (I tend to be more of a lurker than a poster...but I check the message board every day!) We're all doing fantastic...what a great bunch of people, huh? Gail D. 252/150/140
scholarmama
on 5/8/05 8:59 pm - Hemet, CA
congrats to you Monna... You have done sooo well... keep up the good work... You'll be at goal in no time Loni
cindy m.
on 5/9/05 1:29 am - Trenton, MO
Hi Monna!!! 10 months already.........wow.......it has gone by so quick!!!! You are doing so fabulous!!!!! Isn't it great to actually be looking forward to the activities of summer?!?!?!?!!? Take care ~Cindy~ 352/220/140ish
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views