WHAT is wrong with people?!?

jcordell
on 5/4/05 9:35 am - TX
OK, so everyone knows I screwed up this morning and ate a donut. That started my day off on the wrong foot. Then, I go to my distribution center because one of my delivery managers needs to "talk" to me. Turns out he is leaving to move back to Hawaii. This guy is phenomenal--the best guy on my distribution staff, and has been with me over 5 years. Strike number two. I leave the meeting with him, and driving back to my office decide I'm going to have a good, protein filled lunch. I pull in to Chili's (the first time I've been their), and the place was PACKED. There was a seat at the bar, so I made my way up and sat down. At the end of the bar, "Francine" was drinking beer, eating enormous amounts of food (while simultaneously smoking), and talking incessantly to me about this and that. OK, so I got through my donut crisis, my employee crisis, Francine's stories, and somehow managed to eat about half of my bunless cheese burger. As I'm leaving the restaurant, approaching the door, I look out and see a beautiful young lady, about 8 months pregnant, approaching the door. Thinking of Traci, and the miracle of childbirth, I did what any gentleman would do, and held the door open for her, to which she smiled and told me "thank you." She was followed by a giant NFL-linebacker looking guy with J-Lo sunglasses and huge (cubic zirconia, I'm sure) rocks in each ear. He also went through the door I was holding open. After they passed, I turned to make my way to my car, and I hear "excuse me!...EXCUSE ME!" I looked back, and it was the guy who just went through the door I was holding open. I said "yes?" He replies "You ALMOST bumped my girlfriend's stomach...CAN'T you see she's PREGNANT???" I replied "sorry, I was just holding the door for her." He retorted, "yeah, I know man, BUT you ALMOST bumped her! You should PAY MORE ATTENTION to what you're doing!" OH MY GOD! I could have knocked his teeth down his throat! I said "whatever!", and turned to walk to my car, BUT, he wouldn't let it go! He came after me yelling "what did you say? WHAT DID YOU SAY?" The whole time, his pregnant girlfriend is holding him back, pleading with him, saying "just leave him alone" and looking like she could go crawl under a rock from embarassment. I believe the guy, seeing me (dressed in a suit), smiling and courteously holding the door for his pregnant girlfriend, realised HE should have been the one holding the door, not following several steps behind her. To avoid his own unexcusable behavior, he created an issue trying to make me into a jerk when in reality it was him that was the jerk!!! Anyways, I know this has nothing to do with anything, and I'm rattling on like an idiot--I just had to vent! Argggghhhh. The only good that will come of it is I may hit the punching bag tonight, and picture that putz' face with EVERY SHOT! Jeff -115 and CRANKY!
Tara118
on 5/4/05 9:54 am - Trenton, OH
First of all I'm sorry you had a bad day!! Sending you a big {{HUG}}. I think you hit the nail on the head. He felt bad because he should have been the one holding the door or he, in some warped way, thought you were flirting, not being curtious. So Jeff...who is Francine??? I'm jealous!! LOL Tara 305/180/170 10lbs to GOAL!!
Sherri_B
on 5/4/05 10:01 am - washington, MO
AWWW What an @$$ hole . you hit the nail on the head he is a jerk , and my thought was if she is pregnant and he cared so much why stress her out . he was jealous of your looks , and manners you showed . and possibly the car .. You are and he must be insecure . you threw him for a loop . And everything he cant be .. he is a JERK .. WHAT a gentleman you are . why are you still single ???
AngelFlyingHappy
on 5/4/05 10:12 am - Oxnard, CA
LOL Sherri ......I have wondered that many times!!! Michelle -141
AngelFlyingHappy
on 5/4/05 10:14 am - Oxnard, CA
Jeff: Dont ya just hate people like that? Ugg!!! I have to agree with Tara....he's just a jerk and he feels you made him look bad. Take it out on the punching bag, it will serve dual purpose then. LOL Just trying to make ya smile!! PS: WHY ARE YOU STILL SINGLE? Michelle -141
Danelle72
on 5/4/05 11:45 am - Las Vegas, NV
Heya Jeff, Sorry you had such a bad day. He was a big ol jerk and you are the better person. You did great by keeping your cool. Don't let it get to ya to bad. This town is filled with jerks. I have ran into many of them. You are doing great. Keep up the good work and don't let people like that get to ya. They just don't have the life that you have and wished they did. I agree with the ladies its the looks and he was jealous. Hang in there. You are an awsome guy. Danelle
Sue G.
on 5/4/05 5:23 pm - Aurora, NE
Sorry you had a bad day!! It wasn't a total loss you did have your protein before you ran into the jerk!! And by the way I have a single daughter I could fix ya up with since your still single
IrishIze
on 5/4/05 11:38 pm - NJ
That guy is a TOTAL jerk and the good thing is that YOU know it, HE knows it, and his GIRLFRIEND knows it. All he did was prove that he's an idiot and you're the gentleman . After a crummy day like that, today's just GOT to be better!! Hang in there kiddo!! Hugs, Nancy -107
(deactivated member)
on 5/4/05 11:46 pm - Somewhere Else
Hugs Jeff! I'm wearing my little Oscar the Grouch t-shirt today in your honour! Don't sweat it Jeff...you know damn well the planet if filled with morons like this. And another thing, don't put it past this girl to have actually told her BF this story either...you'd be amazed how some chicks get off on seeing their BF's confront other guys in their defense...it's sick...they're the same broads who wiggle like hookers because they're so starved for attention. You're a good guy, you acted like a gentleman, rare these days... So...as they say...don't sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things luv ya! Linda 268/145.5 BELOW GOAL! and...............ENGAGED!!!!!!! (wedding date set: August 5, 2006)
jcordell
on 5/5/05 1:48 am - TX
Thank you guys for your support! I feel better today, though everytime I think of that idiot I want to deck him! It's funny, because I was thinking all afternoon "I'm going to quit being nice to people--they don't appreciate it." Then, I'm walking in to the store last night, and there's a dad holding his son in one arm and trying to juggle a diaper bag in the other, and the little boy drops his dinosaur. Out of instinct, I stop, pick up the toy, hand it to the little kid and tassle his hair. The dad says "thanks!" and I say "no worries"...as I walk off, I remember WAIT A MINUTE--I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO QUIT BEING NICE! I guess it's just inherint in me-I can't be a jerk even if I want to! DAMN! And, as for the single question...well, I wouldn't say I'm single, I'm just not attached. Playing the field, so to speak! Not that I'm a man ho or anything, just trying to keep my options open and have some fun in the meantime! ;0) You girls have a WONDERFUL day! Thanks again for letting me ramble! Jeff
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views