HOPELESS

Sandy T.
on 5/4/05 8:47 am - Snellville, GA
Hi all, I am 54 years old and 350 Lbs at least not really sure, scared to death of getting on the scale. I have type 2 diabetes and I am so tired of not being able to walk because my knees and back hurt so bad. I am tired of being in pain and I want quality of life back. I feel like I am in a big black whole and don't know where to go next. My husband and son love me, but they don't understand what I am going through, They don't want me to have to surgery they thnk it is too risky. Since my doctor put me on a different diabete medicine, I know it has caused me to gain more weight. I have been fat most alll my life except when I was 25 years old I lost 139 lbs and I felt so good about myself and I met my husband and got married and had my son. The weight gradually creeped back on. I am the most miserable I have been in my life. I have started every diet there is and believe me there is not one that I have not tried, but I always, always fall off the wagon and can not get the determination like I had before to not let anything stop me from loosing weight by sticking striclty to the diet. I have every reason in the world to be very happy but I am not happy with myself. I don't like me at all and I don't like the way I feel. If anyone has any encouragement for me or some words of wisdom please send me a line or two. Thanks for listening
Sue G.
on 5/4/05 5:38 pm - Aurora, NE
Hi Sandy your story sounds like my life except I have heart disease instead of diabetes ( altho it does run in my family). I'm 56 (soon to be 57) I had WLS last July and I have no regrets! I know exactly how you are feeling and so do a lot of other people here! Have you gone to a WLS seminar? You might want to find out if there is one in your area and take your husband with you. It will give you more information on the surgery and maybe put your husband more at ease about the possiblities of you having the surgery. Most doctors who do the surgery will have you go thru a lot of tests before hand to make sure you're well enough to handle it. Keep your chin up !! Keep researching the subject the more knowledge you have the easier it will be for you to talk with your husband about it. Take care !!
(deactivated member)
on 5/4/05 11:50 pm
I think you should involve your hubby and son in your research... give them websites where they can read all about the pros and cons of the surgery, take them to see the doctor/seminar with you. They are right to be concerned, because this is MAJOR surgery and it has its risks, there's no doubt. It took me two years of research... of going back and forth... should I, should I not... before I made the best decision of my life. I was lucky... blessed, really... because everything has gone very smoothly for me from the very start. THE #1 priority is finding the right surgeon - that means someone who performs this operation often, and who has a good track record. You definitely want someone who will do every possible test before you get on that table to ensure he/she's got everything covered. Hang in there... involve your family so they get educated about the surgery along with you and maybe feel less apprehensive... good luck!!! Angie (RNY-GB, 29 Jun 04) 5'3" ~ 280/182.5/140 http://www.geocities.com/tiger_angie
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views