Here I go again....

jcordell
on 5/4/05 2:46 am - TX
Nancy, my friend...you realized a problem and you're addressing it. It seems like you're kicking yourself in the ass--no need for us to do it for you. I wish I was there to give you a big hug, as I know what you're going through. Yesterday I ate the WRONG food and TOO MUCH of it, only to wake up this morning with a 2 pound weight gain. Committed to getting back on track, I had my protein shake, took my vitamin and came to work, only to be confronted with a box of DONUTS that someone brought in. Like an idiot, I had one, and now I feel like I've ruined my entire day. What the hell is wrong with me??? Your determination to get back on track is refreshing, and I only hope I can be as committed. I will keep you in my thoughts, and please keep me in yours. WE CAN DO THIS! All the love, Jeff -115
AngelFlyingHappy
on 5/4/05 5:54 am - Oxnard, CA
Jeff: You are doing awesome too!!! Dont beat yourself up about the donut!! Its gone and done and thats all you can concentrate on. Like I said, we had surgery on our stomachs not our brains!! Hang in there too and your right WE CAN ALL DO THIS!!! We have each other here and that makes me feel pretty darn good. Hey I'm going to be heading your way in a couple of months wave if you see me. LOL Michelle -141
GailD
on 5/4/05 5:11 am - Racine, WI
Nancy, Please don't be so hard on yourself. Like others have said -- you've recognized the problem and you know how to deal with it. So glad you came to the message board and "confessed"...instead of stressing over it by yourself. This is a tough road we've chosen...but it's better than the one we had. We are healthier and happier (usually!) and we know what we need to do to stay that way. Those old demons are bound to come back...we just need to do our best to keep them at bay. Sometimes we'll succeed, sometimes we won't...but overall, we are all successes. We've made a difference in our health and our lives. We're going to live better because of the choice we made to have this surgery. Hang in there...you've done a fantastic job with your new tool and that's not going to change! (((((((HUGS))))))) Gail D. -102
Monna W.
on 5/4/05 12:33 pm - Susanville, CA
Nancy, Your honesty on this board has been a wonderful message that we are all human. You are showing your strength by making your plan. None of us have been fat due to lack of will power--who else would have tried as many ways to lose weight as all of us have, and kept trying more. We found this wonderful tool and even when we make mistakes, we have this tool to help us get back on track. I still get very nauseated when I over eat, and sugar (I can eat 1 cookie) causes me to dump. These are the reasons I have not gained weight back. I am very fortuante that my pouch is working like this. I still find myself thinking of all the various foods I want to eat, especially when I get stressed. I do not really know what has helped me through those times, other than going to my closet and realizing that the hand-me-downs I've received from an friend are now too big so I know I don't want to get to where they fit again. You are in my prayers and I know you will be back on track very soon. Monna 389/241/150
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views