How do I get Pic on my Profile

Sue G.
on 5/2/05 6:01 am - Aurora, NE
I recently sent an e-mail to an address that was posted on one of the boards. It said if we wanted our pictures on our profiles we should send them to this address. I believe it was last week sometime and my picture is still not in my profile. Did I do it wrong or does it take a long time?? Is there a way I can do it myself that isn't toooooo complicated ? ..... Sue
(deactivated member)
on 5/2/05 6:46 am - Somewhere Else
This question seems to get asked on a daily basis so I thought why not just post an answer instead of responding to all the questions all the time As you can see by my profile, you can add tons. Doing it this way also saves people from having to follow separate links to picture trails etc...to find your pictures. Please keep in mind that you should be sure that your files are not too large, and that your pictures also are not too large as this can overload the server and also cause your page to load slowly for people. This can be especially frustrating for anyone on dialup. We want our profiles to be shared, so let's keep it simple for people to be able to view them by keeping our files small enough This is how I do it, but you can use any photo server of your choice....so here goes, hope it helps some people out, the OH-photo team gets overloaded, so the more of us who can post our own, the better. I use photobucket.com to add my pics to my profile. It's free and easy. Just get your username and password set then start adding pics to the site. After they're uploaded, you'll see 3 different text lines under each pic. (I also find it easier to resize your photos to the size you'd like BEFORE you upload them to photobucket...this way you know exactly the size they will appear on your profile, ahead of time.) To post a picture in your photo section of your profile, paste the URL that photobucket gives you into the photo boxes in your profile. To post a pic in the body of your profile, paste the TAG line into your text box of your profile (where you put your updates) The message board photos though, need to be added by the OH photo team, you can send it to them, along with your user name, user ID# and e-mail addy to [email protected] If you need these directions at a later time, you can get it from a link on my profile, I decided to add that feature for those who are looking for this information but can't find one of my posts And I have also added it as a response to the FAQ at the top of the MAIN message board. Good luck and have fun. Linda 268/145.5 BELOW GOAL! and.....ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (wedding date set: August 5th, 2006!)
Sue G.
on 5/2/05 11:10 am - Aurora, NE
Ok I'm a computer dummy !! I guess I'll just try sending it in again! thanks for trying to help tho I'm sure there will be others that will understand it perfectly!! I think I would have to have my profile updated or something to do this I'm not sure. Thanks anyway .. Sue
Sue G.
on 5/4/05 5:04 pm - Aurora, NE
OK Pinalope ... I tried it but it just doesn't want to work for me. I opened an acct with Photobucket.com and put pictures into it but they will not copy and paste onto my Profile I think my profile is not updated enough. Mine is not fancy like some people have there's! And I don't add to my profile or journal in it. I think my best bet is to send in my pictures to the [email protected] and let them do it I do appreciate you trying to help tho!! I'm sure some others may be a little more knowledgable with the computer than I am and be able to use this method with your instructions thanks !!
(deactivated member)
on 5/4/05 11:38 pm - Somewhere Else
Sue, don't give up. Your profile doesn't have to be updated or fancy for this to work, believe me. what you need to do when you upload your pics to photobucket is to copy the TAG line, this is the second line under the picture, and paste that into the *general information* section of your profile...where you would type in your updates. It's the big text box there. It will work. And for the other photos...in your profile admin, go to the bottom where it says colors and pictures...in there there are 2 places for a before and after/now photo...and text areas for them...that's where you type in the URL that photobucket gives you, the first line under the pics....then there are spaces for weight and description.... Please don't give up...you'll see...once you get it to work you'll realise how easy it really is and then you'll be putting up pictures like a pro Linda
Monna W.
on 5/2/05 2:06 pm - Susanville, CA
Sue, I printed up Linda's instructions and then followed them step by step and was able to add my own photos, It was amazingly easy. I also used photobucket. It makes it easy to add photos to my emails also. Don't be afraid to try it. Good luck. Monna 389/244/150
Sue G.
on 5/3/05 5:26 pm - Aurora, NE
Thanks Monna I may try it later on. I think I have to have my Profile updated tho becuz there isn't a place on it now for photos not that I can tell anyway. By the way you look great !! ... Sue
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views