Busy, busy, busy!

(deactivated member)
on 5/1/05 9:57 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Last week was a busy week for me. Between subbing and getting everything together for camping, I was quite occupied with things to do. On Friday, we went camping at a local state park. It was raining on Friday night, then chilly the rest of the weekend. Thankfully, we have a pop-up camper with a heater, so it wasn't such a big deal. We walked some trails in the woods and rode our bikes around the campground. I got plenty of exercise, although my eating was SOOOOO far off base that not only do I feel guilty, but also extremely fat. My fingers and feet are full of water. Originally, I had menus planned so that I could stay on target, but the wet weather called for me to change that. So of course, that threw my routine off completely. Next time I will get it right! My goal for the month of May is to really work hard on healthy eating and extra exercise. I have to undo the damage from the last two weekends, and I'd better be prepared for the next camping trip. I am NOT going to get on a scale any time soon. That would be too depressing. Well, gotta get ready to sub today. Fun, fun! Pamela -97 on a REALLY good day
Marcy B.
on 5/2/05 12:20 am - West Bloomfield, MI
hey Pam! Its so hard when we are not on a routine, isn't it? I just got back from Washington DC- driving trip from Michigan. Loved it but will definitely have to plan better with regard to eating on the road, and when travelling. The scale is moving ever so slowly- last week I touched down for a moment at 275 which means that" on a good Day" I am down 92- pounds- but my weight can fluctuate as much as 5lbs in a given day- so I am learning not to obsess. As long as the progression is downward I am happy. When I came back from my trip last week I was up to 286 and almost had a heart attack. Now back to a sensible eating program....I am beginning to lose again. I was hopeful to have 100lbs off by my 7/20 anniversary date- but if I have learned anything I have learned that my body will do, what my body will do. All I can try to do is to be careful with what I eat. I've been really stressed out lately- my daughter driving me nuts- she is moving out which will be a challenge, and I am also starting up that new insurance agency. I never realized before just how much I stress ate. Now, the difference is that although I want to I can't because it makes me sick. Everyday is a new adventure with this isn't it? More later- gotta go- Marcy
Sue G.
on 5/2/05 5:54 am - Aurora, NE
I can relate to the busy weekend! We had a garage sale on Sat morning and it was kind of chilly sitting outside but we did rather well. My daughter and I and my husband ( we've all had WLS) all sold a lot of our bigger size clothing. But I, as well, did not eat well we went out to eat after the sale and something I must have eaten did not agree and I had diarreha sun morning then we went out again on Sun night and I think what I ate was too greasy and believe now I have had a type of dumping syndrome becuz Sun night I had the same thing diarreha and this morning (MON). I called the Drs. office and they agreed it was probably dumping. The good news is becuz of it I've lost weight but I know its just temporary and probably will gain it back when I get hydrated again. I'm going to have to be more careful of my food choices at restuarants or just stay out of them! Camping sounds like a lot more fun than a garage sale !!
Lovin2cu
on 5/2/05 12:20 pm - southbridge, MA
Hi Pamela, You should be proud of yourself for exercising!!! I know the eating is such a challenge, even in ideal conditions. I am struggling myself right now. I need to stop comparing myself to where I think I should be. I came into this journey with 196 lbs to loose so I thought by now I would definately be at my 100lbs gone. I dont think I dump as I should, and I know I can tolerate a lot more food than most. Oh well, we need to work with what we've got, right?! Keep up the good outlook for May Lisa in Mass 360/283/164
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views