anyone do b-12 inj at home?

Deejay
on 4/29/05 3:59 am - Sparks, NV
I want to do this but I asked my PCP and she keeps putting it off and wanting to give me pills and then checking my levels every month. I'm getting nowhere with her. Do you get them from your pcp or can you get them from the pharmacy? thank you!! Deejay
deeno
on 4/29/05 7:06 am - Kokomo, IN
I do, I do!! My PCP prescribes them (per my request). My insurance doesn't cover it, but I just got a huge 14 month supply (for both me and hubby) for a total of $11.00 (including syringes). I do my shots intra muscular (in my rear end) and hubby takes it in the arm (even though his arm is pretty boney). I'd much rather "do shots" than take pills, especially since the shots are 1x a month only. It's easy. You can do it. Diana
Sherri_B
on 4/29/05 11:12 am - washington, MO
I do to . i actually asked my surgeons office to call them in . i to took the pills and they didnt do it for me . i did sublinguel (sp) my surgeon said pills dont work for all of us .. ask your surgeon to phone them in ...
rdt1130
on 4/29/05 11:55 am - Bristol, TN
I do my shots at home I got mine a 30ML vial for like $10, I give myself them once or twice a month depending on my levels and how Im feeling... my surgeon said i could take them bi weekly if i felt drained.... Rebecca
MarinaS
on 4/29/05 4:01 pm - Small Town, WA
I took B12 shots before WLS and asked my primary doctor for a script afterward. My pharmacy gives them to me in 1cc bottles, because they said once you poke a hole in the bottle it can loose it strength. I take two shots a month in the front of my upper leg. If I feel tired before the time for the next shot I take a sublingual. It is working for me.
Traci K.
on 4/29/05 9:45 pm - Sullivan, MO
I just started my B12 at home too. I gave my first one in my thigh, may try for the butt next time. It cost me $3.57 for one shot with syringe. I was paying for half an office visit to go in and have it done and sublinguals did nothing.
-Lori-
on 5/2/05 7:40 am - Bay Area, CA
well sort-of. I bring it to work and have one of the medical asst's here give it to me.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views