Who'da Thunk It....?

Traci K.
on 4/28/05 6:45 am - Sullivan, MO
Okay Danelle - you get to be my new best friend!!! Thanks for the compliments. I definitely have extra weight to lose. I don't even have a normal BMI yet!! I carry my weight in my stomach, so yes, my face, arms and legs are thin - but not my stomach; which is the worst place to carry it (healthwise). A tummy tuck will take care of some of it, but I still need to lose at least these last 12 lbs, and then go from there. I'm a small frame, so I can go lower on weight, and really need to.
(deactivated member)
on 4/28/05 6:25 am - Somewhere Else
I have not been exercising at all. Unless you count getting out of bed in the morning exercise? I'm 5'5.5" but big boned...I was 147 in HS and thought I was so fat, but then again, I was 5'7" then and had that chubby teen look (baby fat) I find I'm already beginning to look a little drawn... I still can't believe I lost it all so fast...but sure enough, I need to win the lotto just to replenish my wardrobe! I think everyone in this group is doing amazingly well, I love to see the updates. I had just thought that since I was more of a lightweight that it would have taken me longer to lose it all...I still say it came off because of my attitude though. My 15 y/o son is only 5 pounds lighter than I am now....he can't get over it! I keep telling him I'd borrow his jeans but they're too big for me now ...sheesh. Linda 268/145.5 BELOW GOAL! and.....ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Traci K.
on 4/28/05 6:48 am - Sullivan, MO
Yep, frame size does matter! I'm a small frame, so really look better at about 130-135; but I've set my goal at 149, which gets me a normal BMI. I figure I'll lose some after my tummy tuck and well..... I'm not 20 anymore, so I can pull off carrying a little more weight than someone younger than me. I was a lightweight when I had this surgery too (a BMI of 41 @ 250 lbs); but I'm actually surprised I've lost as fast as I did. I really messed up my metabolism with years of starvation dieting, so I expected a slower loss. I'm thrilled with how far I've come.
(deactivated member)
on 4/28/05 7:06 am - Somewhere Else
Sounds to me like we're two peas in a pod
us2bfat C.
on 4/28/05 10:50 am - selden, NY
im going thru the same battle with fearing getting too thin... my only excersise is work and i have no skin just a little where my stretch marks are from having kids my arms are suprislingly tight but its my face i worry about... i feel my cheeks will start sinking...... i eat as well everything in moderation i had a rib steak the other night and rice and corn i treat myself rather well but dont eat anything unless it has protien and i eat that first.... i eat tons of salads and one protien shake a day i have been at many stand stills on the scale but the inches are pouring off...... my bottom half is sooooo small i have a v shape im broad on top...... who knows but ill be happy at 140 which i think i will be at in the morning i will let you all know wooooo hoooo this surgery has changed my life..... i just celebrated my 7 yrs sober anniversary... my friend bought me a pair of capris from the gap size 4 and they are a little big your right linda whod a thunk... well really tired now and im off to bed Stacy 232/141/140
(deactivated member)
on 4/28/05 11:38 am - Somewhere Else
*sigh* my cheeks are already sinking... I have the loose skin, but not as bad as I thought I would have, except the arms. If I had still been working at the company I used to manage, then I bet I'd have had no loose skin at all...I was non-stop there and a lot of manual work too... I'll see how things go...I'm not going to worry too much yet, but I'm sure as heck going to keep my eye on things. Congrats on your 7 years!!!!!! Linda 268/145.5 BELOW GOAL! and.....ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Traci K.
on 4/28/05 11:46 pm - Sullivan, MO
Yep, you're the petite sweet pea and I'm just the regular 'ol canned pea!
(deactivated member)
on 4/29/05 5:03 am - Somewhere Else
Pppfftttt
Deejay
on 4/29/05 1:40 am - Sparks, NV
I'd give anything right now to have this worry. I'm so discouraged lately with my loss. I feel I've always been on the slower side of losing and I've exercised 4-5 days a week since the moment i was given the go ahead at 8 weeks out. I don't eat anything unless its protein first and if I have room I go for the veggie then the carb. I can't even eat 3/4 of a lean cuisine in one sitting and still I lose slow. I just went 4 weeks without losing a single pound and thats like the 5th or 6th time thats happened. At this rate I pray everyday that I'll reach my goal, if I don't I know for dang sure it isn't from a lack of trying. Anyway congrats on exceeding your goal!! Deejay 257/163/150 -94
(deactivated member)
on 4/29/05 5:12 am - Somewhere Else
Deejay! Don't get discouraged, please. You WILL reach your goal! I think the biggest thing is allowing ourselves the treats. I have found the people who are the most strict with their diets are the ones who lose a little slower. Also, don't forget, exercise will actually slow the WEIGHT loss down...but you are burning fat...avoid the scale, use the measuring tape! And believe me, you don't want to worry about losing too much weight any more than you want to worry about not losing enough...it's a little scary....that *what if* is sitting there pestering me...what if it doesn't stop????? I'm sure it will though...just as sure as I am that you'll reach your goal. Thanks for the congrats...and remember,, you WILL get there! Heck you've done great so far as it is! Linda 268/145.5 BELOW GOAL! and.....ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views