Who'da Thunk It....?

(deactivated member)
on 4/27/05 12:29 pm - Somewhere Else
Ok, I'm not complaining....yet....but... I think I have been doing things a little too well maybe? My weightloss not only is going well, it's going too well. I reached my personal goal 2 weeks ago....I have lost consistantly since surgery (only 1 week with no loss and 1 week with a 1 lb gain, which I lost the following wek and it took 5 of it's friends with it) I have lost every week other than those 2. You'd think at this point, this far out and the fact that not only am I near goal, I had reached goal..that things would slow down...well nope! The week after I reached goal I lost 2 lbs, this week I lost 2.5 like wtf???? I'm now 4.5 lbs below goal...people tell me to eat...well I AM eating. Remember, I'm the one who isn't careful about diet, I eat everything and anything, in moderation...so...what's a gal to do? My ex's bro told me on Sunday that he would bet I'd get down to 130...ummmm I sure as heck hope not! I'm already to the point where, if it weren't for the extra skin, I'm *too thin* now who would have thought I'd ever say that Anyhow...I'm keeping tabs on it and will see my dr in June (as long as they don't cancel on me again...there will be heck to pay if they do ) I just hope I don't vanish into nothingness someday Linda 268/145.5 BELOW GOAL! and.....ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Danelle72
on 4/28/05 2:02 am - Las Vegas, NV
Dang girl!!! Maybe I need to rub on ya so some of that can come my way. Hehehe You are doing so great. I'm so jealous. Thats funny tho. We worried about being to big now you have to worry about getting to small. I think you will be fine don't worry. You look awsome and beautiful. Congrats again with all your success. You go girl. Luv Danelle
(deactivated member)
on 4/28/05 2:33 am - Somewhere Else
Danelle, you're such a sweetie! Don't be jealous, heck you're almost to where you want to be! I'm not too worried about losing too much, but it does stick in the back of my mind...what if...I suppose I could maybe lose down to 135 without looking TOO sickly, but I really didn't want to get lower than my 150. I'm going to keep a close eye on my weight to be sure it doesn't get too low, but man I'm eating all I can Thanks again Danelle..you always say the nicest things Linda 268/145.5 BELOW GOAL! and.....ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Monna W.
on 4/28/05 2:21 am - Susanville, CA
I have a friend who had WLS 2 years ago and she kept losing after she reached her goal, in fact she lost another 25 lbs, then she just stopped and never lost another lb. I still think she is too thin, but she eats everything like you. Don't whether that helps or not, but thought I'd throw it in. I believe our bodies will find their own level if we do what we are supposed to do--eat protein, take vitamins, and drink water. Good luck. Monna 389/244/150
(deactivated member)
on 4/28/05 2:37 am - Somewhere Else
Thanks Monna! My doctor had set a goal of 140 for me, but I laughed and told him that was too small. Then I figured, with my goal of 150, then all the plastics I'd need...by the time that was done (if it was) I'd be that 140...well if this keeps up Then again, it seems he set the goal of 140 for a lot of us, no matter our heights I just don't want to look skeletal...maybe I should keep the hanging skin! My old rings I got when I was about 160 and they were a size 7.5...well heck I go get sized for my engagement ring now at 150 and I wear a 5.75!!!!! I'm all bones! I hope you're right, I hope we do level off, and I sure hope I do at a healthy weight! Thanks again!!!! Linda 268/145.5 BELOW GOAL! and.....ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IrishIze
on 4/28/05 4:29 am - NJ
Gee Linda, I'd love to know what you eat on an average day. Can you give me an idea? I know there are a few other people I've seen who have to eat to keep their weight up - boy, wouldn't I love that!! Danelle, the first thing I thought of was to get Linda down here so I could rub her head!! Hee-hee!!! Hugs, Nancy -108
Danelle72
on 4/28/05 4:33 am - Las Vegas, NV
I think it may work too!!! LOL I would love to have her rub off on me so that I could have that problem. She is great tho and I am happy for her. I know our Day will come Nancy. We just have to hang in there. You are doing great and keep up the great work. Take care Luv Danelle
(deactivated member)
on 4/28/05 5:16 am - Somewhere Else
You guys are too funny rub my belly like Buddha! Honestly...I eat... Breakfast is usually either my protein powder in juice or in oatmeal...I do not go for anything fat free and I don't look for sugarfree (only thing I use sweetener in is coffee.... Lunch depends on the day...bowl of chili, spag sauce, soup, eggrolls, leftover chicken, cheese...a decent plate or bowl of it (eg...chili or spag sauce about 1.5 cups) Supper....small plate of the same as lunches...sometimes 2 eggs with mayo, roast beef... Now snack...you'll love this little chocolate bars (I can eat so many in a day, but usually only will have 1 or 2) cookies, soy crisps, chips, fruit, yogurt etc....told you, I eat anything! My b-day I had a good sized slice of cake...didn't eat the icing though, I will have a taste of mashed taters on the rare occassion (white carbs don't do me too well) bread I try not to have often, maybe once a month or so 1-2 slice whole wheat. Oh and ice cream yum....I'll have the odd bit...One day coming home from shopping with the kids I ate a whole Smarties chocolate bar in the car. Told you...I eat anything and everything, in moderation though. We'll see how the next few weeks or so go...I'm not going to panic yet about the weight...but I really don't want to get much smaller! Linda 268/145.5 BELOW GOAL! and.....ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Traci K.
on 4/28/05 5:32 am - Sullivan, MO
Doesn't sound like you're eating much different than me really. I can eat pretty much anything - in great moderation. Are you excising a lot or something? It's amazing how quickly you've gotten to goal and then to keep losing!! Lucky you!! How tall are you? I'm 5'5" and once upon a time weighed 130 lbs and certainlyl wasn't too thin, but when I had my gallbladder out in 1989, I got down to 124 and I did look too thin and sickly. However, I think that had more to do with how I lost the weight, not that the I lost it. KWIM? You're certainly doing awesome!! Feel free to pass on the weight losing gene to me!!! Traci
Danelle72
on 4/28/05 6:04 am - Las Vegas, NV
Traci, You already look amazing! You look so thin already. Where is the rest that you need to lose??? I don't see it. You are so thin. Keep up the great work and congrats on your success!!! You have done awsome. Danelle
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views