I'm Obese!!!!!

Monna W.
on 4/25/05 2:19 am - Susanville, CA
I've been on a plateu for 3 weeks and then gaining and losing the same 5 lbs., but this morning the scale moved 2.5 lbs. and put me at the magical weight of 246.5 which gives me a BMI of 39.7 which makes me obese. I have been morbidly obese for 40 of my adult years (one time I managed to be obese for 1.5 years). I can hardly wait to be overweight. I was so afraid that I wasn't going to lose any more, but it is coming off again. I hope to be about 225 by my anniversary. That will give me 6 months of optimum time to lose about 50 more lbs. I expect that the last 25 or 30 lbs will be excess skin and will require surgery. I don't think I am expecting miracles, but trying to be realistic. Thanks for all the support from my July siblings. We have accomplished magnificent things--changing our weights, changing how we view life, doing things we have never done, or not done for many years. Monna 389/246.5/150
IrishIze
on 4/25/05 3:25 am - NJ
Hooray, Monna!! Who else but us WLS people would be happy to be obese or overweight! Glad to hear you're losing again; I am too ~ I hope the trend sticks! Hugs, Nancy -109
deeno
on 4/25/05 3:31 am - Kokomo, IN
Way to go, Monna! What a great milestone for you. I think your goal is realistic, especailly since you're getting more active--that will help you a bunch! Hey, just an FYI--my hubby had extra skin removed after losing ~175/180 pounds. The extra skin weighed about 8 pounds. Guys are differnt from us ladies, and although it may feel and look like 25 pounds of extra skin, it may not be that much. However, hubby dropped 2 pants sizes after his skin removal. I'm going to have skin removed this fall (arms and tummy for certain). I've tried on some 14/16 shirts, and they are tight in my bat wings. It will be nice to be able to wear short sleves again without thinking about my flab. Plus, my tummy looks like the Michelin Tire Man. The skin is actually comical--Like the "rubber man" at the circus. I occasionally try to hold it down to make my stomach look flat--what a dream.....I'll take before and after photos of my bare parts when it gets closer to surgery date. Diana
Danelle72
on 4/25/05 3:41 am - Las Vegas, NV
Monna, You go girl. Congrats!!!! That is so great. Keep up the great work. Take care and give yourself a pat on the back. You deserve it. Yeahhhhh! Luv Danelle
Traci K.
on 4/25/05 10:51 pm - Sullivan, MO
Congrats!! I was going to say the same as Nancy, only WLS folks would be thrilled at being obese or overweight!
us2bfat C.
on 4/26/05 12:11 am - selden, NY
go monna go monna shake your groove thing girlie you are doing great and im glad your a part of my support group...... Stacy 232/141/140
cindy m.
on 4/26/05 1:57 am - Trenton, MO
Hi Monna!!! You are doing fantastic!!! I too worry that when I plateau that this might be it on losing. I just came off a plateau of gaining and losing the same 4 lbs too. Now I worry each time I weigh in, that this losing streak will plateau again......too many worries......hahaha Our July siblings are a great support team!!!!! I whole heartly agree !!!! Hugs ~Cindy~ -131 352/221/140ish
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views