Plastic Surgery costs

Traci K.
on 4/25/05 12:39 am - Sullivan, MO
Okay, I contact St Louis Cosmetic Surgeon's, Inc. this morning and got some prices on plastics. To have a tummy tuck is $5,000-9,000. With me having had 7 children, in addition to the bypass, she said I would be on the higher end of that. That would also include some lipo, which she said is usually needed to get the best results. It would be about $16,000 to get both a tummy tuck and a breast reduction at the same time and an additional $4,000 to get a butt lift. So $20,000 should set me up nicely. (BTW: these prices include hospital, anesthesia, post-op visits, etc... - it includes everything) She said that going from a DD to a C cup is not removing enough volume and that the chances of my insurance covering it are slim. Sooooo, I guess I will be financing all this to get it done before I die! She said for me to lose this last 12 lbs, and get to my goal weight, and then come in for a consult (which costs $60). I'm thinking I may have to wait until July 2006 or so, as my hubby usually has some time off in July and the kiddos will be out of school (they will be going to private school starting this fall - and I have to drive them. I can't drive them right after surgery - so summer is best). So, there ya have it - some numbers on the costs of plastic surgery. Traci -89
AngelFlyingHappy
on 4/25/05 1:54 am - Oxnard, CA
Traci: I got a quote from a doctor in Columbia, and for $20,000.00 you can get your arms, breast lift, tummy tuck and thighs done. And he is very good.
Tanja Y
on 4/26/05 12:01 am - Wahiawa, HI
Wow, that's a nice chunk of change! With prices like that I'm gonna have to do a lot of praying that my insurance will cover what I need done, no way I could ever pay for it myself! ~Tanja 448/282/148
Traci72
on 4/26/05 1:33 am - Hastings, MN
Our guest speaker at my monthly support mtg was a plastic surgeon, and was it ever an interesting and informative mtg!!! W/this surgeon, most procedures take 3hrs or less to do, and some can't/are not recommended to do together. The hospital/anesthesia/etc charges are $2300 (he rounded up to $2500 though...just in case) For the TT I plan on having, the cost was $4000. A mastopexy (boob lift) was $3500. Unfortunately you can't do both at the same time, so I'd have to pay the $2500 all over again when I go in to have them done. The good thing though is that I can have it done on an outpatient basis. There is no charge for the recovery room...no matter how long you need to stay. (as long as it isn't overnight!) Good thing $$ wise that I won't be having my TT until '07 or '08....gives me time to start saving up!!! Traci 248/134/130 -114lbs
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views