Too much food

(deactivated member)
on 4/23/05 11:59 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Well, I definitely ate too much food, full of sodium, this weekend. My home scale (which I don't "officially" weigh on) has jumped five pounds. I can feel the water in my body, and absolutely hate it. My downslide began on Thursday, when my husband wanted to go out to lunch. Ditto on Friday. When I go out to eat, it totally messes with my routine, and all heck breaks loose. I just eat and eat and eat. I even ate so much that I threw up and then dumped on too much sugar. Yesterday (Saturday), we went grocery shopping (I should NEVER take my husband), and we ended up with all kinds of crap...chips, dips, cheesy potato salad. Again, I just could not help myself. I bet I ate enough the last three days to actually gain a pound or two of FAT. I wouldn't doubt it. Now, today is Sunday, and I am going to work very hard to keep food at a minimum. I'm starting with a protein shake, and I know we're having chili for dinner. So it's just everything in between that I have to be careful of. Maybe my daughter and I will take a nice walk around the block. Anyway...just wanted to come and admit my follies. It helps me feel so much less guilty when EVERYONE knows I screwed up. Pamela -97 (at least, it USED to be!)
Traci K.
on 4/24/05 1:15 am - Sullivan, MO
{{{{Pamela}}} Hey, I easily gain water weight too!! I've been that way my whole life it seems. Pump up the water and it will flu**** out. Hang in there girl. Traci
IrishIze
on 4/24/05 8:27 am - NJ
Pamela, I know how hard it is for me to keep myself on track, motivated and making good choices. I don't know what I would do if I had to live with someone who didn't seem to understand that. Heck, I have teenage sons who worry about what I eat!! Could you possibly sit down with your hubby and tell him that you are only going out to eat once a month, and if he wants junk food he can go and get it himself - just keep it out of your sight?? On the other hand, I am learning that in the end, I am responsible for the decisions I make and the things I do. There are lots times I have let 'Fat Girl' make the decisions and therefore have made awful choices. I am getting pretty good at recognizing her voice, so now I'm working on letting 'Healthy Girl' make the decisions. She doesn't always win, but she's getting stronger. I hope you don't mind me commenting about your hubby ~ I'm not trying to be critical, I'm trying to be honest and supportive. Hugs, Nancy -109
AngelFlyingHappy
on 4/24/05 9:13 pm - Oxnard, CA
I have to agree with Nancy on this one. Having a strong support at home is so important. Maybe hubby just doesnt realize what he is doing. Maybe you need to sit him down and say, hey this is what I need....tell him your struggles and tell him you need him to support you by not leading you down the road of temptation. We had surgery on our stomachs not our brains. Temptation is evil and it will be there the rest of our lives in some form or another. And for someone who doesnt have a weight problem(at least I assume he doesnt), to them its no big deal. What it boils down to is teaching ourselves to eat healthy or the weight will not stay off. I like Nancy do not always make the right food choices, but I hold myself completely accoutantable. Nobody forces me to eat something bad, its my own demons and my own choices. It's like the guy who filed a law suit against McDonalds.......give me a break, I have eaten my share of McDonalds which played a part in my journey to being super morbidly obese and have no one to blame myself. And its me who has to keep myself away from McDonalds. I certainly dont want to eat healthy when I'm there. LOL My brain still wants the Big Mac and fries. So I know to stay away..and no its not always easy because some nights driving home from a baseball game its late and the kids are hungry. So hun, try and make yourself stronger, you have the right to be selfish and say no to going out. You have to put yourself in a siutation that works best for you.
Sherri_B
on 4/26/05 1:09 am - washington, MO
i KNOW IT CAN BEhard at times . when we go out to eat I so want a big mac and fires . i may have 2 or 3 fries , but i order a chicken cesar salad . if you are gonna put yourself in the situation you have the choice to pick healthy . You are only hurting yourself and you know that look at the end result . Furthermore , you dh needs to help you out here if you still are easily tempted and he needs to understand you have worked so hard to accomplish what you have so far and the junk food @ this point dont need to be in your house . I have learned to say no alot to my kiddos about certain foods do i feel bad heck no they dont need it if it is bad for me it is bad for them . i dont want them to end up where i did . So stop getting the stuff for hubby its not mean you are helping him . My hubby is a health nut so i dont have to worry about him .. but i do live w/ 7 kids who love mcdonal;ds and yes i still take them there but not as frequent . me and hubby stilleat out but on occasion and i just order healthy usually chicken in some type never fried . or chili . i spend my days thinking protein remember you can eat anywhere just eat healthy ... if i order somethin like a biscut sausage chhes i only eat 1/2 dont force yourself .. best of luck and we are here . we have all been where you are ..
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views