Appreciating 1 pound....

Tara118
on 4/23/05 5:58 am - Trenton, OH
I think for the first time since my surgery I appreciate a 1 pound loss. I posted earlier about the struggle I allowed myself to be in and I hadn't lost any weight in over a month. I had actually gained about 3 lbs. My lowest weight was 186 and it felt like I would NEVER go below that weight. Don't get me wrong...I was thrilled to be back down to that weight after the 3lb gain. This morning I was 185!! That 1 pound made all the difference in my mood this morning!! I was as excited as I was when I went below -40, then size 16, -100lbs and in the onderfuls. I think at this stage in our sugery and weight loss the little steps are going to make even bigger differences. I just wanted to share my small but great success!! Tara 305/185/170 -120!! 15lbs until goal!!! size 14 hoping for that size 12!!!
Irene S.
on 4/23/05 6:10 am - NJ
Congrats on your success. I agree that as we get further along in our journey and closer to goal, it will be smaller and smaller steps that will make the bigger differences. But this is as it SHOULD be, right? When we are 100 or more lbs overweight, 1 or 2 lbs don't make that much difference. But when we are 15 lbs overweight, those same couple of lbs can make a very big difference. irene
IrishIze
on 4/23/05 9:44 am - NJ
Tara, you and I must be twins. I have the exact same thing happening with me! In fact, I was going to post about how motivating a one-pound weight loss has gotten to be!!! In this past month I have lost and gained the same three or four pounds. This morning I was 169, which is the lowest I've been. I'm really hoping in the next day or two to see 168. The desire for that loss is keeping me very honest and watching what I eat very closely. My biggest motivator is seeing that scale move...downward of course!! Let's hope this is a trend and our scales will continue to move toward our goals! Hugs, Nancy -107
bunnymorris
on 4/23/05 2:42 pm - Georgetown, TX
RNY on 07/22/04 with
Me too! Me too! Sorry, I've been gone--so much testing this week at school for the state. Anyway I have bounced between 180-185 for a month. I sure would like to see the 170's . I did make it into size 12 stretch jeans. So I'm between 14 and 12 depending on the cut. I'm hanging in there. Not giving up. 15 more lbs. (165) and then the dr. and I will decide if that's where I should be. I actually feel great now but know about 15 more would be good. He thinks 145-50 would be too low for me. That's a first. Hang tight everyone--it will move! Bunny
Dawn H.
on 4/23/05 8:12 pm - Jersey CIty, NJ
Tara YOU GO GIRL.... I know how you feel .. IN the begining I lost a pound a day.. now if I loose a pound a week I am ecstatic! I read how we are mostly all in the same boat.. weight loss slowed .. carbs rearing their ugly addictive heads.. but we are strong .. we are invincible .. we are JULY BABIES! Dawn now if I could just loose these last 35 lbs this week
dana W.
on 4/23/05 8:52 pm - fort worth, tx
You go girl ,, it seems everyone is alot smaller than me..i started at 268 and now im 188-190 i had lost to 185 one wk when i did liquids only but now i'm back to 188-190 my goal is 135-140 by my surgery date 7/29/05 it dont seem like i'm gonna mk it,, I've been at this weight for abt 2 mths now,, cant seem to shake it. But good luck to u,, and i am happy 4 u. dana
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views