Delicious protein drink

Monna W.
on 4/22/05 11:29 am - Susanville, CA
I just had to share this. Probably someone else has done this, but I just tried it and it is so good. I use protein powders I get at Wal-Mart--various brands, but usually only vanilla flavor because I don't care much for chocolate. Anyway, I have been having problems getting enough protein because I have a terrible head cold and I am just not hungry for anything. Tonight I decided I'd better force myself to drink a protein drink. I looked in the fridge for something to flavor it with and I saw the container of tangerine/strawberry Crystal Light that my DH had mixed up the other day. I thought "Um, maybe this would make it taste like an Orange Julius." I mixed the powder with the Crystal Light, threw in a banana for the vitamins and potassium, added several ice cubes to make it thick like I prefer. Turned on the blender and let it go. Poured it into my glass and took a drink---heavenly!!!!!!!!! It usually takes me an hour to drink a protein drink, but I'm really having to only sip this so I don't overload my pouch. Monna 389/249/150
Traci K.
on 4/22/05 10:56 pm - Sullivan, MO
Thanks for the tip! I've never tried the protein mixes at Walmart. I do like chocolate, but I've been on chocolate overload since surgery with everything in chocolate! I'm ready for some vanilla too.
IrishIze
on 4/23/05 3:05 am - NJ
Sounds yummy, Monna. I'll have to try it. Someone told me once that I could add SF Jello to drinks too, but I kind of worried about the gelatin part of it... Hope you're feeling better soon!! Hugs, Nancy -107
Vicki Tobergte
on 4/23/05 8:01 am - Independence, KY
Hi Monna, That sounds good. You know what I do also is when I make my crystal light I add like 2-3 scoops of fruit isopure so I get in my 64oz++ of fluid plus I get like 50 -75g more of protein too. I also make in the morning a glass of hot co****hoc isopure) I drink it warm like hot coco. Hugs, Vicki 347/220/-127
carbfreecathy
on 4/23/05 1:59 pm - Michigan City, IN
Hi Vicki, I have been told, and believe it to be true, that we can only assimilate about 30 grams of protein in any one sitting. You're weight loss is awesome so keep on doing what is working for you. I was just wondering what your daily total for protein is if you take 50- 75g at one time. The other thing I have read about is that the reason we are not supposed to premix the powdered whey protein is that it can grow into bacteria. I was told by several sources that the premixed glass bottle zero carb isopure can be kept in the fridge and poured from for up to 24 hours as long as you don't drink directly from the bottle. I had thought that the reason we were told not to premix powdered whey for over half an hour before consumption was due to degradation but it apparently is due to concerns about bacteria growth more than degradation. I love the clear glass bottled premixed zero carb isopure, in all 8 flavors and get it delivered to my home by the case. I also love to blend the instantized whey powder into chilled left over decaff coffee from the previous day with a couple of ice cubes blended into give it some body. Yum! Check with the manufacturer about heating the whey isopure for your cocoa. I read that it can't be heated and still be viable. Cathy 302/204/145 weight at surgery / current weight / goal weight
Vicki Tobergte
on 4/24/05 2:10 am - Independence, KY
Cathy, It may be true about the 30g but, I add the protein to my crystal light and put it in the refrig and drink on it all day. So I'm getting it in over a period of a day. And I 've been doing this for quite a while and have had no problems. And about using ho****er I don't heat it I use Hot tap water. So in a day I try to get in close to 100g of protein. Its really help me with weight lose and not losing my hair. Have a good one... Vicki 347/220/-127
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views