Missing Members & "Biggest Poster"

(deactivated member)
on 4/21/05 5:18 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Just for kicks, I clicked on "Roster of Members" on our forum. Did anyone realize that there are HUNDREDS of members who have posted once or twice, never to be seen again? Or that there are regular posters that we haven't heard from since January? It's so weird...I had forgotten about a lot of those people who had surgery the same day I did. They've moved on into their regular life, and here I am, hanging out with the few who have remained. What is the difference between us and them? Why do we keep coming back, when others move on so easily? I guess I had gotten to a point where July people didn't exist if they didn't post to the board. Seeing all of those names is a shock, really! The roster shows how many posts we've all made. And guess what? I am NOT July's "Biggest Poster." That honor goes to our very own Nancy, who at 1185 posts, has more than double the posts of the 2nd place winner. As far as I could tell, I was in 2nd place with 469. There were a couple over 200 (Jeff and Diane), and many in the 100s. ANYWAY...there's not really a point to this post. I have a lot of free time on my hands, can't you tell? Now I will spend the next several days analyzing why I spend so much of my time posting messages on this board. Of course, I know the answer. I DO have a lot of time on my hands, and what better place to go than to the place where I get a lot of support and can offer it in return. Still, now I feel kind of weird... Okay...done rambling. I think my brain is fried...must have been all that electricity in the air last night during the storms Pamela -97
(deactivated member)
on 4/21/05 7:41 am - Somewhere Else
I'm a slacker...only 244 posts... I guess I spend too much time on the main board Linda 268/148 BELOW GOAL! and......ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Traci K.
on 4/21/05 8:11 am - Sullivan, MO
I'm a major slacker then with only 102 posts. Honestly, I don't have much time for message boards. I never post on the main board and try to split my reading time between this board and the Missouri one.
dawn1973
on 4/21/05 11:40 am - Walkerton, IN
Well if we want to name a slacker..lol 14 posts..hey 15 now
IrishIze
on 4/21/05 9:57 pm - NJ
Gee, what does that say about me??? I still really need this board. I would feel very alone without the support of all of you here. I've also been wondering about people who used to actively post that I don't see anymore. In a way, I'm afraid to move on because I still feel that I have to touch base with people who are in the same situation as I am. I'm afraid of going back to my old ways and consider this board a type of lifeline. I've also become interested in people here personally and think of many of you as friends. I am on the PC all day at work, and check the board at least 7 or 8 times a day. The posts have really slowed down as we're getting more comfortable with the big changes we have gone through, and maybe that's a good thing for some people ~ guess I have a tough time letting go! Anyway, thanks for an interesting post, Pamela. Hugs, Nancy -106
Tanja Y
on 4/22/05 1:28 am - Wahiawa, HI
Since I only have 111 posts, I'm gonna claim quality over quanity! LOL I check this board daily. Don't post alot, but I do read and track how my other July sisters & brothers are doing! Hugs to all! ~Tanja 448/282/148
cindy m.
on 4/22/05 2:13 am - Trenton, MO
Hi Pamela!!! Wow I didn't realize I posted 78 times!!! I try and log on everyday when I don't work. I don't always post cuz I get kinda shy at times. (Silly I know) I really like this board because everyone is so supportive to each other!!! The california board.....ugh I think thats what scares me away from being more out going !!!! I really enjoy your posts!! Take care ~Cindy~ -127
Monna W.
on 4/22/05 2:40 am - Susanville, CA
Interesting post. I check in every day, but don't post too often. I love following how all my July siblings are doing. I still need this board very much. The local support group is not very good or friendly, the California board is terrrible as Cindy stated, and the main board members have little in common with me. Nancy and Pam, just keep on posting and the rest of us who still need this board try to post our trials and triumphs more often. Today I am wearing a pair of jeans for the first time in 20 years!! Course they are still size 26, but hey, it's not 42 or 44 as it would have been a year ago. Congratulations to all of us. Monna 389/249/150
GailD
on 4/22/05 3:10 am - Racine, WI
Pamela, What a fun post! I was surprised to see I've posted 71 times! I love this board and am always lurking. I don't always have something to say, but I love reading everyone's posts. I'm with Nancy...I'm not ready to give up this place. I really need to know you guys are out there in case I need you. I've learned a lot from this board and from all the good advice and support that's available here. I sit at a desk all day and check-in to the message board frequently. Alway**** the July board first...then the main board...then Wisconsin (not much going on at the Wisconsin board). Gail D. 252/153/140
blister
on 4/22/05 8:37 am - Charlotte, NC
I have not posted since Christmas. We were so busy at Christmas because we had family over for 3 weeks. Then my mom came and stayed for a month. While here she helped me get set up on ebay to sell and that has consumed my time. My day consists of work, kids, ebay, food, water and exercise. Not necessarily in that order. Oh I forgot husband. I am doing great weight wise. I weigh 137 and have been there and stable for 2 months now. I wear a size 6,7,or 8. Really depends on what brand. I have lots of sagging skin though. Anyway, I do still need the group and I know people could use my input, but there is just not enough hours in the day. I read some posts from time to time but just do not post. Susan 240/137
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views