9 month follow up

deeno
on 4/20/05 3:08 am - Kokomo, IN
Hi family I went to my doctor for my 9 month follow up on Monday. In the last 3 months I've lost 1 pound per my doctor's scale. I again told my doctor that from literally day one I could eat pretty much anything without difficulty, and that I rarely feel full, and almost never feel restricted. I have stopped eating out of fear and guild, not fullness. She told me that some people never get that full feeling, and I may be one of those people. So, her advice was to measure my meals to reduce my quantity of intake. We also talked about getting an upper GI or scoping me to see what's going on down there (in my pouch). We decided against it at this time. There really isn't anything to do to "fix" this until I document what I'm eating, and try to diet to see if I am able to lose any more weight. She also told me that because of my pre-WLS diet and exercise history, my metabolism "broken", so I won't lose weight as quickly as others do. So, that's what's going on here. Neither good, nor bad....just the way it is. I'm going to start documenting my intake again, and I've already started my more restrictive amounts diet. I'm trying to eat 3 five ounce meals to see how that goes. I'm still frustrated, but not feeling crazy about it. thanks for listening Diana
jcordell
on 4/20/05 4:46 am - TX
Diana, hopefully once things are documented, etc., your doc can give you a better idea of what (if anything) you can do different. In the mean time, know that we're all here to support you in any way we can! Take good care, Jeff
IrishIze
on 4/20/05 5:41 am - NJ
Diana - just so you dont' feel like it's just you, I think most of us have to diet at this point. I know I can eat large amounts of certain foods, and it really scares me sometimes that the old habits come back with a vengence!! I'm glad you're not stressing about it - the best thing you can do is check it out, document and then take it from there. Hang in there, my friend! Hugs, Nancy -105
(deactivated member)
on 4/20/05 9:40 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Nancy is absolutely right. For a lot of us, it seems that we're getting to that point where we're able to eat fairly normal portions, give or take a few ounces. At least we can't eat HUGE portions any more! My dietician also thinks that my past history of dieting has messed up my metabolism. She suggested getting cardio every day (still working towards that!) and lifting weights twice a week. I'm not sure what your exercise habits are, but maybe you can try adding to it, or trying something different. Hang in there! All we can do is keep trying new things to find what works best for us. It's frustrating to no end, but eventually, something's gotta give. Pamela -97
Tanja Y
on 4/22/05 1:35 am - Wahiawa, HI
I think I eat bigger portions now compared to say 3 months ago, but I still hear "Is that ALL you're going to eat" at each meal. My 3 year old still eats more then I do at this point and I still sit in amazement and watch my dh and kids eat what appears to be HUGE quanities (to me) of food and then have room for more. Hopefully Diana you'll get some answers to your questions. At my last check up at the surgery clinic I didn't get to see my doc, got a resident who knew less then me about gastric bypass. So I'll have plenty of questions for Dr. E at my next appie. ~Tanja
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views