DAILY LOG Monday

(deactivated member)
on 4/18/05 10:27 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
It was not a good day for me, food-wise. My day started at 230 am, when my husband came to me and said he thought he broke his leg (he slipped in the kitchen because he was still wet from his shower...he worked until 10pm and then played on the computer until 2am). He went to the emergency room, but they found no evidence of a break and think it must be torn ligaments or tendons. He got back from the emergency room just in time for me to leave for the hospital for my mom's WLS. (She did fine, by the way!) I had forgotten to eat breakfast at home, and by the time she went into surgery at 750am, I was pretty hungry. My mom's boyfriend bought us Hardees. I ate what looked the least damaging (one of those burrito things with eggs and barely and cheese, ham, bacon) WITHOUT the wrap, but when I got home, I discovered that without the wrap, it's still 561 calories (Hardees has an interactive nutrition guide online where you can subtract and add things to your foods before they calculate the nutrition). I had a healthy lunch before I found out how bad breakfast was, and by the time I got home and did my calculations, I was already over 800...without having dinner yet! THEN, I had to eat CiCi's pizza because they were having a MS fundraiser, and my daughter's teacher's husband has MS, so I thought it might be nice for us to attend. I didn't stuff myself, but obviously, I had more than enough calories. Despite all that bad eating, I did manage to get some exercise in. My sister and I walked several blocks outside, around the hospital, for 30 minutes. Definitely no more breakfast fast food for me. I usually skip most fast food anyway, because no good can come of it. I will be back on track today (which is Tuesday) and I will just have to extend my 800 calorie limit for another day or two. No biggie... Pamela -94
IrishIze
on 4/19/05 12:09 am - NJ
I'm still fighting the carbs - not terrible carbs - Carb-Fix Pretzels, soy crisps, but still snacking too much. I am snacking on healthier foods; Slim fast snack bars and almonds, but I'm feeling a little out of control. I am doing a lot of walking. I walked nearly 4 miles yesterday. I'm going to the gym tonight for weight training, and will walk a couple of miles at lunch time, then walk again after the gym. Working on getting in all of my water and protein. My weight is staying the same, so at least I'm not gaining. Oh well, today is another day, and all I can do is try my best! Hugs, Nancy -108
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views