Questions???????

Claudia S.
on 4/18/05 3:39 pm - Carol Stream, IL
Can anyone tell me, are we supposed to have 80 grams of protein a day forever? I am still having trouble eating meats, so getting tired of shrimp and protein drinks. Reading the posts here everyone seems to be at a plateau, include me! I have been the same weight for 8 weeks, gaining and loosing the same 3 lbs. over and over! Maybe we should be reading the June boards to see if this gets any better next month! My hair is still falling out, taking biotin and Flaxseed oil, not helping. Anyone else having the problems still. Most of what I have read it seems to stop by 7mo. Well it is almost 9 and not any better! Any help in this matter would be appreciated, heading for a wig here! Hope everyone looses some weight this week! Claudia -90lbs.
miranda1
on 4/18/05 5:49 pm - salem, or
Hi I had surgery feb 2004 I still have times I loose hair It tends to be when Im not getting in enough protien and or vitamins. I know you dont want to hear it but the drinks make getting it in eaisier. If you find what you like it makes the world a better place believe me!! I still cannot smell vanilla , chocklate or strawberry shakes any kind or I get sick. Try Syntrax NECTAR I like fuzzy Navel, roadside Lemonaide and the new one lemon Ice tea tastes like lipton. These fruity drinks are like juice instead of thick yuck. I have been ordering from ebay at a discount price.You need to find something you like to be healthy. I drink 4 8 oz drinks a day and Im doing good at 23 grms a scoop. Ive even got a body builder friend hooked on them. I also have been able to make my goal and even loose more at 125 and in a size 3-5 depending on pants. I jumble up my exercise plan to keep my body guessing. Its worth giving them a try you can get samples at www.bariatriceating.com Oh its worth it !!! Good luck!!
(deactivated member)
on 4/18/05 10:35 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
You know, reading the June or May boards might not be a bad idea...I should look into that... As for protein...my minimum requirement is 50g. For a long time, I was around 50. Then I got stuck, and started eating almost 100g. I lost a little bit, but got stuck again. Same thing with calories. Below 1000 wasn't working, but 1200 isn't doing the trick either. I wonder if we'll EVER get this figured out! I eat a lot of low-fat string cheese. It has 9g of protein for 60 calories. Sometimes I eat other cheese, but I really like the string cheese. I don't know if you can handle pasta or not, but my mom found a pasta that has 28g of protein for a 3/4 cup serving. I haven't tried any, but pasta and protein can't be all that bad I never did like protein drinks...at least, not the powdered ones. I do enjoy the Atkins and Slim Fast protein shakes, though, and will drink those on occasion. As for your hair...I don't know what to tell you. If you're getting your proteins and vitamins, it should eventually stop falling out. Mine doesn't fall out any more, and has gone back to being it's regular thick self (which actually is kind of disappointing...it never lays rights). Call your surgeon or dietician for advice. Sometimes they know just the trick to fix the issues that you are having. Pamela -94, but not for long!
TweedyBird
on 4/19/05 1:35 pm - Somewhere, AR
Hey Claudia, Yes, we have to ALWAYS have at least 60 grams of protein a day, more if you are active. As far as biotin, it does not work without protein. Biotin binds to protein and helps us to metabolize the protein better. Biotin without protein is useless. Good luck, Tweedy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views