Just a hat...or anyone...

on my W.
on 4/17/05 9:17 am - Canada
Hello there, This is a response to Hat (Just a Hat) who posted beautiful pictures on her profile. My question...I am AMAZED that you can wear a short sleeve top......can other women wear these tops too???? I started at 290 and am in the 170's so lost over 115 so far. My upper arms are so bad I can't even describe it. I have wrinkley bat wings......how do you avoid this?????????????? Summer is coming and I wouldn't be caught dead in a short sleeve...HELP......no I have not tried any weight trainning but even so....your arms in the picture are great. Calling on anyone to respond. Karen.
(deactivated member)
on 4/17/05 10:05 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I have massive batwings that are STILL filled with fat. I also weight train, so that's not going to change anything. However, I don't care what anyone else thinks about my arms, because during the summer, I absolutely HATE to wear anything with sleeves. I feel so trapped by clothing when it's hot out...the more skin the better, despite my flaws. My philosophy is that people can tell I'm fat just by looking at me. Why be uncomfortable just so I can try and hide what they already know exists? I hope you find an answer you can live with! Pamela -94
AngelFlyingHappy
on 4/18/05 3:17 am - Oxnard, CA
AMEN Pamela!!!!! We are beautiful flabby skin and all!! I wear them too. Not going to run around all summer suffocating.
us2bfat C.
on 4/17/05 11:06 am - selden, NY
today in new york it was 70 degrees and i was in a tank top....woooo hoooo i have a little problem with batwings but i have been working out since i was able i first started walking with 1 lb weights swinging my arms and both my jobs require me to lift all day long so i lucked out.. i recomend slight excersise with small weights till your comfortable and then build your way up......since i have been doing that my arms have some definition..i was 232 when i started and now im down 91 lbs at 141 i hope this helps and you have a great day !!!!! Stacy -91
JustHat
on 4/17/05 3:53 pm - NM
Thanks! I think I just got lucky. I wish I had gotten as lucky with my tummy and rear. I do have some wiggle in my arms. But, I can't complain. I agree with the others. If you want to wear something, go for it. Hat
IrishIze
on 4/17/05 9:57 pm - NJ
I've got jiggly arms too. I was so thrilled to go and try on some cute summer tops. When I did, most of them had little cap sleeves and it wasn't until then that I realized how bad my upper arms look!! I settled for some longer sleeves, and figure it's a trade off I can deal with! Hugs, Nancy -108
deeno
on 4/18/05 3:33 am - Kokomo, IN
I avoid short sleeves as much as possible. I have always avoided sleeveless shirts. Now, I buy shirts that are a little too big just so they fit me in the arms (or I bust out like "The Incredible Hulk"--remember that show when he'd bust out of his shirt--that's how my arms fit). So, it is unavoidable for me--I will need plastic surgery on my arms in order for them to be normal. It will be a hot summer, but it will be my last summer of worrying about it--surgery for this fall (I hope). Now, I've been measureing my arms, and they are smaller than pre WLS. But they are very floppy. I recommend the weight training. It may or may not work, but at least you will have tried. Diana
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views