Missouri Spring Fling Picnic

(deactivated member)
on 4/17/05 1:13 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Yesterday, I went to the Missouri Spring Fling Picnic for those who've had WLS. Mostly, the only people there were those I have seen on the Missouri board millions of times. A couple of those are also people who come to the July board. We had a good time. The weather was perfect for a picnic. Everyone was very nice, and there were plenty of kids for my daughter to play with. Some people were very close to goal (if they weren't there already) and looked amazing. Even those who weren't close to goal still looked great. Some had brought out their "Day of Surgery" photos, and it's so hard to believe that the person in the picture is really them. I also learned something, and I will pass on the reassuring knowledge. Because it was a picnic, of course food was involved. I couldn't help but wonder how much everyone else was eating. And amazingly enough, there was more on their plate--that they finished!!!--than I had on mine. So I know that they can eat as much as I can, at least on occasion. We also talked vitamin regimens, water schedules, and about the foods that still bother us. And it's funny that although most of us went through the same bariatric surgery program, we have all been told different things. One girl was told no more than 900 calories, while I was told to try 1200. Many of them are allowed gum and popcorn, and I was told to NEVER have either ever again. I also discovered that as far as all the rules go, I bend them the furthest. I use straws, and I have been drinking soda. Last week, I gave up carbonation, so I guess this week I will give up straws. Last week I gave up drinking with my meals (very hard to do!), and I guess this week I will work on getting in plenty of liquid. Well, that's all the story I have for now...I have to get moving. My grandma is having a BBQ so I'm taking my daughter (hubby is working). But this week, I'm trying the below 800 calories like a surgeon said the other night on chat, so I won't be eating much. Oh well! Pamela -94
AngelFlyingHappy
on 4/18/05 3:13 am - Oxnard, CA
Pamela: I think you are too hard on yourself. We can eat different quatities of stuff based on the type of food it is. Soft foods mush up small and I for one can eat more of those, more solid foods I cannot. My husband made me kabobs, I ate two pieces of the steak and one of the chicken, plus a few bits of Cathy's fruit salad and my cucumber tomato salad. I know I didnt eat more than 6 ounces because my tummy wont let me, but I knew when I was full and needed to stop. I just make sure that my protein grams far outweigh my carbs and fat, and it seems to work. The scale moved this weekend. I limit breads and pastas to maybe once or twice a week, but thats it. But I think what is most important also is the water. I try to drink much more than the 64 ounces of water and my weight does move better when I do that. Just relax, your doing great!! It will come off, remember they say we lose for two years. Please let me know how your Mom is doing.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views