DAILY LOG Friday

(deactivated member)
on 4/15/05 12:20 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I was under 1200 calories today...at least, I think so. Sometimes it's just too hard to know how accurate fitday is. Protein was high, and I did really well with liquids. I subbed today in the library, so it was a pretty easy day, other than shelving books for a couple of hours...sorting them, bending over to match the lovely Dewy Decimal System numbers, or alphabetizing them. I'm sore, to say the least. I DIDN'T exercise, which I had planned to do. Instead, I got my hair trimmed, went to the bank, went grocery shopping, took my daughter to dinner (she and I go to dinner on the Friday night that my husband works evening shift), cleaned the kitchen, and then packed up stuff (including healthy coleslaw) for a Missouri WLS picnic tomorrow. I dropped in the OH chat last night. Someone asked a question about calories, and the featured surgeon said that if you still have to lose weight, you need to eat less than 800 calories a day. He said eat 1000 to maintain, and more than that to gain. Yet my dietician said to try 1200 a day to see how that works, because under 1000 wasn't working. I am SOOOOO confused now! I think starting Sunday, I'm going to try a week of 800 calories or less, just for kicks. If nothing else, maybe it will help me retrain my pouch to want smaller amounts and will force me to drink my liquids to stay full. I guess it can't really hurt. But boy oh boy will this be hard! Maybe I should exercise off every calorie that I take in. Hmmm...I don't think so! Pamela -94
IrishIze
on 4/15/05 11:18 pm - NJ
I didn't keep my log on fitday the past couple of days, but I haven't done too badly eating-wise. I'm still struggling with carbs, especially the big barrel of pretzels my co-worker brought in. I finally decided to ask her if it was ok for me to move it because having it call to me every time I went to the printer was just too much. I've been doing great with my exercise - walking at least 2 miles a day, sometimes 3 or 4, and I went to the gym a couple of times. I dropped another pound this morning, so that makes two this week...I'm more than happy with that. I'm still trying to work on the water. I find that when I want to go out and walk, I have to hold back on my water so I don't have to pee halfway through my walk (the only small thing the good Lord blessed me with was a small bladder.... ). All in all, I guess it's been a pretty good week. HUgs, Nancy -108
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views