UGGGHHHH!!!

scholarmama
on 4/15/05 12:14 pm - Hemet, CA
oK.... this sounds absolutley ridiculous... but I am soooo much more self conscious about my body than I ever was at 388 lbs... I so dont like how my body looks in things... I have to have things that cover the omg excess skin on my legs, arms, back and belly... I wear bigger clothes just to be feel better about how I look... however, everyone tells me I am being silly... so my question to all my july babies... is Any of you feelin this way... or is everyone right... I am a mental case...lol Loni - 165
rdt1130
on 4/15/05 10:26 pm - Bristol, TN
YOu are NOT mental...well maybe, but if so I AM TOO.... becasue I am exactlythe same way...I hate my arms worse than anything they are NASTY and I will go to great lengths to try to hide them and this hanging skin around my tummy it really bothers me, but the reason Ithink for one thingis as we buy smaller clothes they are not made the same as what we are used to in plus sizes the shirts are shorter, at the waist as well as in the short sleeves..... and the pants lower rise atthe waist... and Ilike these clothes but they sure arent made for hiding anything... I guess our self image isnt as great as we'd hoped...but at least I feel better and look pretty good as long as I keep these parts hidden...lol Good luck hon...and you do look beautiful I checked out your awsome pics.. esp the wedding pics... Rebecca 318/214/175
scholarmama
on 4/16/05 12:52 am - Hemet, CA
Thanks Rebecca... I guess I was feeling a bit down cuz I went swim suit shopping... and although I bought a 16/18... I still felt bad cuz of the excess skin... i must have tried on 40 different suits...lol Thanks again for ur kind words... I guess I really needed to know I wasnt alone Loni
AFM
on 4/16/05 1:02 am - Maumelle, AR
Loni I know how you feel, but you just have to see the humor in it all. I was working in a hospital in Memphis last week and the HR Director introduced me to the doctor there who does the WSL surgeries. This doctor was asking me how I was doing and feeling about myself. I told her how great I felt and that I wished I had had the surgery years ago. I also told her that I felt like a looked like a million dollars in clothes, but take them off and I look like Maxine from Hallmark. She loved that line and said she was going to use it in her next support meeting. You just have to realize how GREAT you are. Put a smile on your face and people will look at you and not Maxine!! Keep up the good work!!! Air Force Mom 315/179/140 -136
deeno
on 4/18/05 2:12 am - Kokomo, IN
I'm looking forward to a tummy tuck and brachioplasty (arms) this fall. I feel like I'm wearing a skin suit that is just too big on me. I've also bought capris this year instead of shorts to hide my saggy thighs. I also buy 3/4 length sleeves when possible to hide my arms. If you're nuts, then we all are. Diana
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views